t540 xp

What were you using on that 200T I got from you long long ago? Also what did you use before 2011 when PS3 came out and 2013 when PS came out?

You're going way too far back in my memory. Some narrow kerf something or other I think? I don't even know.

Second question. What did I use before 2011? I run Oregon chain typically. 2011 was like light years ago. lol

You're going way too far back in my memory. Some narrow kerf something or other I think? I don't even know.

Second question. What did I use before 2011? I run Oregon chain typically. 2011 was like light years ago. lol

I've never used semi chisel on a climbing saw.

Just bringing up the 200T had 3/8LP semi chisel chain on it and unless you had some very very old NOS stuff from 60-70's. It's been semi chisel on 3/8LP chains till 2011. Only stihl has chisel chain for 3/8LP right now too. Oregon is still semi chisel in 3/8LP.

I bought a 200T from you in 08. Ended up being the best stock runner I ever seen after carb rebuild and oiler fix. Sold it later to a tree service and they said that saw ate their other 2 200T's. Al see this 200 cutting with the semi chisel I filed up for it.

I've never seen the chisel from the older days, but think I remember Al and Willard talking about it.

I remember it being a good saw. How good is fuzzy because Ive had a handful of those saws. If Im not mistaken I ran that with a 16" bar like all my 200's and that one woul torch off 14" diameter hardwood rather well. That one I think got away from me and cut my lanyard too.

I remember it being a good saw. How good is fuzzy because Ive had a handful of those saws. If Im not mistaken I ran that with a 16" bar like all my 200's and that one woul torch off 14" diameter hardwood rather well. That one I think got away from me and cut my lanyard too.

In 2008 when you were selling it you described it with a squirrly oiler.
Oiler was just plugged up with fines,chips etc and carb needed a kit and fulcrum adjustments. Carb was real finicky about adjustments to the fulcrum.

I dont remember length of bar but gave that to Al. I didnt run them that long.

That saw cut the best around 14.7K for times cant cutting 8x8. For regular work I turned it down a bit.

You have a good memory. I don't even remember 2008.

Only on some things, many of the long forgotten things I cant remember friends fill me in anymore 8) . Short term has went out the door with age big time. :cry:

You have a good memory. I don't even remember 2008.
Try this for memory Chris ,I don't think you were born yet:lol:
Here's a Oregon ad from 1975 when they introduced the first 3/8" Lo Pro mini chain. Stihl introduced the Picco 4 years later.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 137
  • image0-001.jpg
    image0-001.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 137
Funny on the marketing on that. :lol:

Thanks Willard for another great blast from the past pic. :thumbup:

Funny on the marketing on that. :lol:

Thanks Willard for another great blast from the past pic. :thumbup:
Your welcome Kevin.
Yes they had great advertising back in the day long before the internet was even thought of.
Oregon Saw Chain had the best ads, but Windsor put out some really good ones too. There was some good back and forth ad wars between the two, even Stihl , Husky and Sandvik would join in and scrap it out.
Things mellowed out a little in the 1980s after a couple of high profile lawsuits .:)

The T540 I got a few days ago was damaged in shipping. I'm surprised it fared as well as it did though. Three saws in one box.....the little 540 on the bottom.

Chunk missing outta the clutch cover here.

Bummer for the shipper. I'm really interested in what sort of gains are to be had with this saw.

My biggest concern so far is the durability of the body. It seems 'fragile'.

Heavy in my hands. Fondled one the other day. I don't know if it was the weight or balance but it seemed heavy as shat.

I haven't scaled it but it doesn't feel heavier than a 200 to me?

Anyone know the actual weight difference?

To me the balance is nice. So far it's a pretty ripping saw.

Back