t540 xp

Man, Randy.... Thanks a ton. I'll definitely give you a call, at least by Friday.

And Jay: No, man the mufflers seem totally different--to me at least. I pulled the spark screen out of my friends cause it (the saw--201 sucked), and all it did was to melt the plastic on the cover. Now he's really pissed, cause he's still got a dog of a climb saw that even looks crummy now too. :(

O.k. ... Just an F.Y.I. to everyone out there who messes with saws: mastermind 7864 (Randy) rocks like none other.

I would hire him in a heartbeat if I were to deck and port my new 201t. He just gave me some invaluable advice on timing-advancing the new saws.

Randy+any saw= :rockon:

Great talking with you too!!!!!

Call anytime and that goes for any of you guys making a living with a saw.

O.k. ... Just an F.Y.I. to everyone out there who messes with saws: mastermind 7864 (Randy) rocks like none other.

I would hire him in a heartbeat if I were to deck and port my new 201t. He just gave me some invaluable advice on timing-advancing the new saws.

Randy+any saw= :rockon:

Great talking with you too!!!!!

It's deciphering that monkey lingo on the other end that gets me. ;):D:lol:

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmRk24DjocI?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmRk24DjocI?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'm going back to the beach.......those girls know how a feller wants to be treated.

images

Yeah it was on the way once and then recalled.

We have a Echo 355T in for testing and port work now. I'm pretty impressed so far.

I was wondering about the 355... They told me they upped the chain speed and kept the torque. I always felt they were being conservative with thier engines because of the warranty.

Yeah it ain't happening tonight K

Was just messing with ya :lol:. Also here is why it was a blur. :D

Friend brought over a 268xp for me to work on and a couple chains for me to sharpen. While I worked and BS'ed he had brought a 30pak and a qt of the finest dang TN shine I have ever had. Watermelon.

550545canthookloglift001_zps716694b6.jpg

550545canthookloglift006_zps75da2711.jpg

I was wondering about the 355... They told me they upped the chain speed and kept the torque. I always felt they were being conservative with thier engines because of the warranty.
Never under estimate Echo they put out a good product, just may need a little fine tuning like what we see the MS201 needs.

I've been involved with chainsaw carving most of my life and Echo has done alot for the sport of late, here's some good reading for you all......about someone you all might know who uses Echos when she carves.
Cherie Currie one time Runaways lead singer and bandmate with Joan Jett and Lita Ford. Boy what I would do if she could carve at my carving competition!
www.chainsawchick.com/

Here's the little 355T after we tweaked it.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pOvMVm5vI8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was just messing with ya :lol:. Also here is why it was a blur. :D

Friend brought over a 268xp for me to work on and a couple chains for me to sharpen. While I worked and BS'ed he had brought a 30pak and a qt of the finest dang TN shine I have ever had. Watermelon.

550545canthookloglift001_zps716694b6.jpg

550545canthookloglift006_zps75da2711.jpg

:lol: I never could sharpen chain worth a toot after a glass or two of good 'shine.

I was told today that husky Australia are running out their stock of 338s to make way for the 540 at the end of july. Gyc reckon they will run of of 338s in the next week or two. Maybe its getting closer

I got my hands on a T540 a few months back and put it in the field for some testing. It was rock solid until yesterday when the oil tank started leaking profusely :(. Smoked a 201 head to head. I also have a 562XPG test saw that is a real ass kicker. I had another 562 that crapped the bed but this one is really nice.

Welcome to the treehouse. "Crapped the bed", I'm not familiar with that saw term. Perhaps it is a regional dialect thing? :/:

I got my hands on a T540 a few months back and put it in the field for some testing. It was rock solid until yesterday when the oil tank started leaking profusely :(. Smoked a 201 head to head. I also have a 562XPG test saw that is a real ass kicker. I had another 562 that crapped the bed but this one is really nice.

Any chance you can shed more light on the tank leak issue?

Jay, in my region its not uncommon to hear "shit the bed". Its a term used to say something died, failed, or quit.

Back