T 536 or MS 150 ?

To be fair, we have had our 536 for almost a year and have had no issues at all, even in below freezing weather.

I truly believe that our only means of voting is by buying products we believe in. I no one buys a certain product, the manufacturer will stop offering it and will definetly not put any money in RnD.

I have the stihl 160 and 200 battery saws for about a year now. I have 2 batteries that I have charged hundreds of times and everything is still working like new.

I have also been testing other cheaper options over the last few months. I tested the 56v Ego saw and the 56v echo .....both from Home Depot, and I returned them both.
I bought the 80v Kobalt(lowes) about a week ago and I'm very impressed so far. It's light for its size, plenty of power for what I'm doing....it can definitely do much bigger and faster cuts compared to the stihl saws. Battery life ain't great, but I will pick up a few spares and always keep one on the charger. I'm just trying my best to keep the noise down for the neighbors:). This saws only $300 ...less than half the Stihl or husky battery saw.

I'm not convinced the battery saws are foolproof enough yet for the investment. I also think the balance of the 150 is better. My chainsaw carving friend has the battery stihls and he isn't all that sold on them, had some issues with the batteries in the earlier models.
As others have said, give the battery saws some more time and see what I provements they make, weight, balance, and cost over time...

Anyone who thinks they will feel this way probably will be happiest to wait. They have their weaknesses.

I am using them on jobs where customers want the benifit of less noise etc. and I am charging them out a bit at a time on various jobs.

I have the 150,i was hesitant to give my input cause recently thing started acting like an old dawgg, spark arrestor screen was fouled, so stoked to have my little saw back and better than ever!

Idk why it plugged up so quickly but now i can say lil saw kicks butt,so nice when pruning,what a load off not luggn the weight around,I've rokd the 192's also and the 150 is golden imo

Toss the spark arrestor, drill out the recessed area in the exhaust exit hole, put the cap back on over the hole....bbbrrrrpppp, bbbrrrpppp, don't look back

Check the 150 thread in the chainsaw forum...tells you what to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all the info and perspectives. I went with the Stihl 150. As much as I like the idea of the battery unit....by the time id totalled up the cost of the saw, charger, 2 batteries and inverter it was up to $1200. Can't justify that right now. Maybe still in the future, but not just now. Thanks again :thumbup:

I think you chose wisely. I'm actually getting one very soon as well. I grabbed one at the dealer the other day and can't get over how light it is.

Back