Suggestions on a good affordable router?

Fiddler

Treehouser
burned up my old wifi and need to find something to let me use my macbook on the net w/out having to plug in each time. Anyone have any suggestions?

I know nearly zip about this stuff.

I use an Apple Time Capsule, which is a router and backup drive combined. I'm pleased with it, but don't remember what it cost... Not "cheap" but still handy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Carl, That is what I had that burned up. I liked it too but, talked to a computer guy when it went bad and he said they don't last long and are not worth what we paid for them. Mine was about 3 years old when it bit the big one.

I use netgear and have had it for 6+ yrs. works great in the house and I can go out in the yard and still be connected to the wifi.

Had a Lynksis for years that I loved, haven't found much since then that isn't junk! Been through three different Belkins in the last year, all of them junk! Wouldn't reach out more than 20ft, didn't last more than three months, etc.! I bought an old Cisco to get by with, it wasn't that great either.
Black Friday came and we told the salesman we wanted a router that didn't suck! He suggested this, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear...itch/1754208.p?id=1219062800202&skuId=1754208 So far it's been pretty good, even managed 35mgps downloads on my Iphone!
Routers seem to be the emphasis of you get what you pay for!

Back