Stump grinding tips/ tricks/ tools.

Looks like my 252 would fit that nicely. I've done lots of sidewalk stumps like that, dont be shy to charge lots if you got a good name for yourself.

Here's the new machine. BIg John's son is putting on green teeth pockets. We're ditching the rayco "super teeth", like a bad date....

Attachments

• rayco rg-100.jpg
    rayco rg-100.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 65
Hi Chris. My name is Deva. Hippy parents......but SF has dumped every street tree into the homeowners hands....which let's some frigged up pruning happen....which then the city mandates it's removed and replaced....they went after a guy for 1500$ for bad tree work ten years before on a maytens tree.. Ha!

The sub, getting it done with his 15 year old dosko.....
0cc4ddfd6130a2c57b4ace81db9e34a4.jpg

I could never get used to those handles. That's why I made straight grips, but plan on bending them on a slight offset angle. Feels better for me.

I don't how you can like those straight handles, you might like the Stump Humper handles though. I had a couple of Dosko's, 20hp and 13hp, changed the axle so I could put narrow wheels on like that one and get through a small doorway then put the ordinary wheels back on. Worked alright but wasn't sorry to see them go.

One of these would suit you Deva, the Stump Humper was first then a guy I knew made a copy, Stump Master. Then he sold it to Red Roo and retired. They pivot in the centre like the old 206 Vermeer, but a lot smaller and narrow, 29".

stump_grinding_perth-w800-h600.jpg
Bear-Stump-Grinding-Services-with-the-Stump-Humper-22MAX1.jpg
. SM2_PIVOT_HANDLE.jpg

Looks like torture to me...
this old monster had uprooted, gone over, then when the tree was cut the stump fell back across the creek... New machine made quick work of it..

Attachments

• stump grinder at work.jpg
    stump grinder at work.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 78
Looking back at the previous comments makes me wish I had just a bit more cash to have built my stump grinder differently. May be one day, hope soon.

My theory with the open handles was to be able to get my body in there to help move the grinder, take some of the stress off the arms and shoulders. I've been posting how long my grindings have taken, not sure if it matches up with anyone else running a similar setup. I know the rental units I've used took 3 times longer.

Thanks, I'm waiting on another set of angled teeth, to make 4 sets total. I hope it'll go faster and not overload the 10.5hp engine.

To be fair, most grinds are not that deep, usually about a foot.

I thought you might know off the top of your head, don't go n weigh it just as I asked. Nice work anyway, it looks great for a homemade machine, sounds like it grinds pretty good also.

Back