Stump grinding tips/ tricks/ tools.

Dude, 6 hours straight of green pine stumps. 3×36" of them......two sets of teeth.

I thought I was gonna blow up the Alpine.

3 of them like this one.....this mother had to come down like 3 feet......good thing I have such a positive attitude.
e284c43e2698e799bb30adf9c8bcbc4c.jpg

The good side.....is I've got my technique down.....haha. I forgot my 44......the guy I was contracting for pulled out a echo CS 33......something out of the back of his minivan....showed him how to sharpen and take the rakers down, blew his mind.

And now for a rare glimpse of a most elusive breed, the mini van arborist...:D

Everything in Spanish. I told him $150/hour on the phone..show up...see the job, realize how awful this is going to be......push through with the ridiculous saw. Finish. He says $100/hour? I say I'll give you $125/hour.....he starts counting....pulls out all his money and his helpers money and asks, $700 cash? I say, Sure thing.....See ya.

Levi, you know he had 200 feet of extension cord and a sawsall in there too.... Minivan crews are popping up.

Huh... I was wondering who keeps taking jobs from me and doing them the next day, in July no less.

The minivan underground grows stronger by the day....

Haha. True that! Plus, whatever space is left after you get your ladders in can be used to transport your growing team of immigrant laborers!

Murph, Do you grind the whole thing or grind around the core and saw out a chunk? I have done that a few times and it really cuts down on the chip pile.

I rarely grind the flare off and then come behind on the new clean wood with a saw to take the piece down, especially of I don;t have to clean up the chips..Thinnk I did that once this year.. big oak stump over 3.5' tall...

I just keep pucshing the pile out of the way then let the machine do its job...

Murph are those green teeth? Or whatever they are you like em better than the rayco teeth? One good thing about rayco teeth is they are totally unbreakable, at least on the 50hp machine.

I rarely grind the flare off and then come behind on the new clean wood with a saw to take the piece down, especially of I don;t have to clean up the chips..Thinnk I did that once this year.. big oak stump over 3.5' tall...

I just keep pucshing the pile out of the way then let the machine do its job...

Right on.

Lotta guys that grind full time are keen on multi tip, not sure but it seems you only need to sharpen 2 out of the eight teeth- done with a dremel, tooth stays on... That seems like a time saver if its correct.

Back