Stihl 201 upgrade kit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am not sure you want to spend $139.95 plus installation for a kit that may not significantly increase the performance.

That's an odd statement from Stihl considering what they said in the media release paper (post 63 i think).

Either way a mate of mine did the upgrade and i would say that his well worn 201 with a 16" bar would out cut my 346xp no problems

I hope they stick with you, Justin. The thing is with people that have jobs like that. they tend to be good at mixing up words, so no matter how you look at their reply, it comes out being supportive of the company rather than the consumer. They might be the same folks that write the advertising brochures. In the least, hopefully they will help you out with the kit.

I just want to push the guy into making the kits available. I'd gladly buy one. Then maybe I'd buy more newer 201's in the future. Who knows?

As per that gents e mail it comes as no surprise he denied it was ever a mistake .He obviously has never experianced how a well tuned 200T runs .Which also comes as no surprise .Fact it would come as a great surprise if that fellow ever ran a chainsaw period .

Funny thing I got the exact same email Justin word for word. I'm gonna take the letter to my dealer and see if they will send me the kit like they said.

Cheers
Ben

I'll ask about the upgrade kit the next time I swing by the local (Ontario) Stihl dealer. (Even though I don't own a 201).
It's funny that when the 201 saga of sadness was getting discussed on various tree forums, I asked the dealer what was going on, and they acted like they had never heard of any 201 issues. They aren't a small hole-in-the-wall dealer, so the trust factor got eroded a bit at that point.

Maybe the majority of people that buy saws are homeowners that can't really tell if what they bought is working like it should. People of limited expectations.

Home owners would never spend $700 on a commercial grade small displacement top handle saw when they can buy a consumer saw with twice the displacement for alot less money.

Let me amend that then. Maybe the majority of people that buy saws are professionals that can't really tell if what they bought is working like it should.

No more toast, just two cups of eggs. One cup whites, one cup EggBeaters, with a smattering of ketchup and a sprinkling of sharp chedder.

Tasty and low cal!

Maybe if someone sent that gentleman a link to the video of the 201 getting run over buy a truck it would get their attention?

Back