Spur Pad Opinions

Gauge

TreeHouser
Hey all, your favorite green mean climbing machine here again to gain some knowledge and maybe some cooking recipe's. We have Buck spurs right now and they are great, the stick good and feel solid. What sucks is they have the weaver leather Velcro pads and they are terrible imo. The leather on the inside has started bunching up and it is literally gouging holes in my chins. My other buddy is having the same [problem. What pads do you guys like that are either foam or neoprene? Maybe the outside is aluminum, carbon fiber, etc...... but the actual pad is a formed piece of foam or the like. Let it rip! Oh and I am looking to be budget conscious on the pads but not cheap.

It's All In The Angle, Baybee!

1861.jpg

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=70&item=1861#

Wow, I sure like my angled steel cupped shin pads, I figured those were about the same.

TreeStuff doesn't sell them from what I see.

spu729-500.gif

They don't look like much but they are way comfortable. I gave my caddies away after I got these.

Yes, I wear additional padding. It doesn't allways help: I sold my CF Geckos cuz they hurt my legs, even with the additional padding.

Torture device right there

Why do you say that???

Wow, I sure like my angled steel cupped shin pads, I figured those were about the same.

They don't look like much but they are way comfortable. I gave my caddies away after I got these.

Certainly not the same. Didn't you see my blistered legs? The day after I put caddies on climbed for many hours and didn't pop all the blisters, that says something about both pads.
The cf geckos I got from you have been great as well.

Nice Guy Dave made a video or wrote to the effect that there was a specific placement of them for comfort. Spurs saddles and the like are a personal affair
What works for some may not for others.

I would give those a try too, Butch. Like you, I climb with the angled steel pads, but without extra shin guards and find them very comfortable. The reason I would try the Climb Rights is that they are more compact and way lighter. The non angled pads like the Caddies dig into my shins bad, can't wear them at all.

Nick, it would be nice if you could do a pad comparison and also mabe start carrying some angled steel pads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am going to try some soccer shin guards first then try other pads because all the guys at work love the Buck and Weaver big velcro pads with the insert. I am thinking I may just have candy legs.

Back