seasoned SRT climbers needed

I won't say seasoned about myself, but I dislike going DdRT, and go with the RW all the time that I climb, pretty much. Used to SRT with a GriGri.

I am not climbing day in and day out at the moment, but 1-3 times a week.

Chip and Nora are both Wrenchers. I've (Chip) been using it almost exclusively.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There ya goes we have 3 volunteers, sit tight boys, couple weeks and I should have done some destruction testing and climbed on it myself (first time SRT ing myself). B , if you don't mind I might send 1 to you first so you can take a look see and see what you think.

Got to spend the evening patent searching to see if its been done before, Ive never seen it and with such a narrow target market I doubt it but who knows. Might even put a patent on it myself:/:

We got some creative and talented folks here, fo sho!

Don't get too excited, this aint no Wraptor, just a low tech gizmo to make SRT easier (says the man who just ordered a pantin today:lol:)

I like the design and functionality of it but obviously I am not objective as I came up with it. As I said I would like to send the first one to Burnham for review, he hopefully will help find the glaringly obvious defect in the design and we will knock the idea on the head. The big problem is it is life support so will probably cost too much to insure to make it viable.

Bottom line is I like tinkering and this one came together quick:)

intriguing. i cant wait to see what you've come up with. even tho i too haven't SRTed yet, i love tinkering with the concept. unfortunately i have stalled as of late on my gizmo projects.

If you decide on more than three test pilots, I'll give it the west coast treatment! Been srt'ing firs/big deciduous prunes almost everyday this winter.

I know you have your test dummies...errr subjects.... already, but I could get it into the hands of moss who has been doing srt for climbing trees longer than any pro arbo I know. Hes also a designer by trade so he would bring a different persprcetive.

If it is a good idea Paul, I could get it built for you and you just take your money and forget about the liability.

Now thats really something to think about.......... I have a quote being processed from my insurance dude right now.. We shall see.

Back