Sandusky Convicted

I just wonder why more pedophiles aren't killed by outraged parents/bystanders/ good old boys if y'all are so tough.

Only case I can remember right off the bat, is the Marianne Bachmeier case in Germany.

Another case of nuking the bad guy:

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KTLA) -- A San Francisco couple accused of hunting and killing a man they believe was pimping their daughter pleaded not guilty in court Friday.

Prosecutors accuse Barry Gilton and Lupe Mercado of tracking 22-year old Compton gang member Calvin Sneed across the state before shooting him to death near Candlestick Park.

And another:

Texas dad beats 5-year-old daughter's alleged attacker to death

By Molly Hennessy-Fiske

June 12, 2012, 9:43 a.m.
HOUSTON -- A central Texas father who told investigators he fatally beat a man he caught molesting his 5-year-old daughter at a horse barn on Saturday has not been charged, authorities said Tuesday.

Lavaca County Dist. Atty. Heather McMinn told the Los Angeles Times that the investigation was pending and that the case was due to be turned over to her office by Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

“Upon the completion of the investigation, the case will be presented to my office and a Lavaca County grand jury,” McMinn said.

On Tuesday, an autopsy was completed on the victim by the Travis County Medical Examiner, and preliminary results were turned over to Lavaca County's justice of peace, said Sarah Scott, the medical examimer's chief administrative officer.

Justice of Peace Alene Lyons told The Times that the results would not be released until the 47-year-old man's next of kin could be notified.

Harmon could not be reached by phone Tuesday but confirmed much of what the sheriff had already said about the case, including that the 23-year-old father told investigators he beat the man with his hands.

"He did not use a weapon," she said.

On Monday, Harmon told Houston's KPRC-TV that the victim, whose name has not been released, was from Gonzales, Texas, and did not have a criminal record.

Harmon told KPRC that the victim was an acquaintance of the girl's father who came to the barn near Shiner, a town about 130 miles west of Houston, on Saturday to help care for some horses.

The adults were shoeing a horse and had sent the 5-year-old and her brother to feed chickens when the attack occurred, a relative told KPRC.

The children's grandfather said the boy returned to alert his father that the little girl had been taken away by a man. The father found the pair partially naked, investigators told KPRC.

"In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died," Harmon told KPRC. "There doesn't appear to be any reason other than what he told us."

The girl was taken to a hospital to be examined and has since been released, Harmon said.

Another case of nuking the bad guy:

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KTLA) -- A San Francisco couple accused of hunting and killing a man they believe was pimping their daughter pleaded not guilty in court Friday.

Prosecutors accuse Barry Gilton and Lupe Mercado of tracking 22-year old Compton gang member Calvin Sneed across the state before shooting him to death near Candlestick Park.

Clearly, this would make an excellent idea for a movie.

"Alleged" and "believe".

Bachmeier waited till the perpetrator had been found guilty by the court .

Then she shot him.

That may not make a difference to you, but it does to me.

Geez, the guy pulled the perv off his daughter and then beat him to death. That's good enough for me, don't really need the courts to tell me what's up there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just wonder why more pedophiles aren't killed by outraged parents/bystanders/ good old boys if y'all are so tough

Actually Stig, a man did that here almost last week, walked in on it and killed the SOB.

There have been some recent cases here where people that were long term incarcerated were released, based on new DNA technology. One fellow was 18 years in jail, always claiming his innocence. Another guy from Nepal finally was able to go home, having been convicted of something he didn't do. That is the greatest fear in any judicial system, that the innocent will be found guilty. Very different sides of the spectrum, without a doubt guilty as charged, and guilty as charged but still with a doubt. The punishments when it happens though, appear the same.

The Sandusky case will have somewhat political or rather negotiable implications .

For example prior to the sentencing phase it's my opinion that if he implicates others who might have covered up his devious activities they will make special dispinsation for him .It's kind of up to the judge and prosecuting attorney politics being the way they are .

I would well imagine the spin doctors are hard at it as I type regarding this .Think about it ,the more people he rats out the more involved in cival suits .Remember the barristers take care of their own .

Jerry was making some big money off of that young person's charity he started, as a "consultant", I believe That isn't incriminating, but it is a fact.

I don't think Sandusky will implicate anyone by his words. I bet he will never admit to any wrongdoing.

It's amazing how violent and vengeful humans are capable of being when they feel justified in their vengeance. This entire thread disturbs me.

well maybe the survivors should have their turn for vengence,
the ptsd and other mental health issues that affect these folks for life become unbearable, lots of victims commit suicide rather than share their details due to shame or embarrassment

there was a local man who is from the ukiah area that just killed his and his little brothers attacker, he'd kept quiet for years till his lil bro offed himself, which sent him right to the perpatrators home, where he executed him with an antique pistol. there was a petition going around to have him released

There was an interesting movie on this subject, where Robert De Niro was a priest, and a couple of young boys in his parish were sent to jail for something, an accident that resulted from stealing an apple. In the reformatory, they were horribly sexually abused by guards, one in particular. They got out and became hardened criminals. Many years after their release, they were in a restaurant, and by chance, the guard that abused them was eating alone there too. They killed him in front of witnesses. De Niro went to their trial and after swearing an oath to tell the truth over a Bible, he lied and said the two men were with him at another place at the time of the murder. He had high standing in the community and they were found not guilty. The impression was that given what they had suffered, there was justification for what they did, and he was prepared to lie to protect them, and also that what they experienced at the hands of the guards, ruined their lives. Later, they both were murdered as a result of their criminal activities. Good flick.

Go Stig! I think they changed the law and the college policy that if someone sees this type of activity (like the guy saw in the showers) that they are not only required to let the school authorities know but they are required to notify the police. As I understand it Paterno notified school authorities but not the police which is what he was required to do. So maybe they have done what they can.

There was an interesting movie on this subject, where Robert De Niro was a priest, and a couple of young boys in his parish were sent to jail for something, an accident that resulted from stealing an apple. In the reformatory, they were horribly sexually abused by guards, one in particular. They got out and became hardened criminals. Many years after their release, they were in a restaurant, and by chance, the guard that abused them was eating alone there too. They killed him in front of witnesses. De Niro went to their trial and after swearing an oath to tell the truth over a Bible, he lied and said the two men were with him at another place at the time of the murder. He had high standing in the community and they were found not guilty. The impression was that given what they had suffered, there was justification for what they did, and he was prepared to lie to protect them, and also that what they experienced at the hands of the guards, ruined their lives. Later, they both were murdered as a result of their criminal activities. Good flick.

Sleepers (1996), Robert De Niro, Kevin Bacon, Brad Pitt.

Geez, the guy pulled the perv off his daughter and then beat him to death. That's good enough for me, don't really need the courts to tell me what's up there.

I should have read your post better, Cory. It was late at night here and I was not at my best, sorry.
I'm totally OK with that.
Doing it in the heat of the moment.
I would react the same way.

But what has been being talked up in this thread is more like vengeance afterwards, and since I try ( not always succesfully) to be civilized, Vigilanteism isn't my cup of tea.

In a civilized society we elect people to make laws and judge people, and we abide by whatever they decide is fitting punishment, we don't react to a rape or child molestation by grabbing the first two people of african origin, we come upon,( notice that I avoided using the N-word) and hanging them from the nearest cottonwood.

It was a fine tradition, I'm sure, but really belongs to another less enlightened age.

Most of the people who have been yelling to have the guy " hung, drawn and quartered" are the same people, who get off on calling muslims medieval and uncivilized for doing more or less the same stuff, I think.

I just don't like the mob mentality that something like this can get going even in a mellow place like the House.

But then I don't like the mob mentality that rises when 11 members of my tribe show that they are better than 11 members of the Dutch tribe at kicking an inflated piece of dead pig around, so what do I know!

Basically I just don't like mob mentality, I guess.

Well stig, sandusky was found guilty in a court of law. People here on this site are just expressing their anger with the use of words...I don't think any one here will be busting the jail house door down. A study years ago found that teens that could not express themselves with words where the most violent. So watch out for the quiet ones.

Yes, mob mentality can be powerful. I do think though that most folks are utterly appalled at IT/him and they are compelled to express that by means of idealized punishments his crime seems to be worthy of.

In my opinion, some folks by the nature of their terrible activities, will have cancelled their right to be viewed with any degree of regard for human life, that is a right by birth given to the vast majority of other people on the planet. These heathens on the ride that they took, they have used up all their tickets to be seen with respect and decency, so to speak. Serial killers, rapists like Sandusky, the people that caused 9/11, or the guards at Auschwitz concentration camp, all just scum down there in the elbow in the drain of society, and there is no excuse for it. Ban them from civilized culture, and whether that means putting them in jail, killing them, letting a mob have it's way, or rats eating out their eyes while they are roped down, I don't believe it matters. Why not have a little fun, if it can be done without being corrupting. Just wash your hands when it is over with and return to what is considered normalcy for mutual good, that is crucial. As a response to some excruciatingly horrible heinous things, there is no no need for any tolerance or compassion, wild meets wild.

Back