Rope Wrench safety??

PCTREE

Treehouser
Thought you guys using the Wrench might want to think about this idea.... Simply put a $2 spring between the hitch and the pulley and it will ensure your hitch always grabs. I don't have a Wrench so haven't tried it but it works well on a Hitch Hiker and I think it should here to..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 38
Wow. At least somebody is thinking..

Cool idea, Paul! There will be many variables in applications to play with. One that comes to mind is the use of two interlocking springs that would allow changing the length by simply treading the two together.

Dave

Hahahaha..it's amazing the things you can learn at the House..."purple nerple" syndrome...never heard of that one.:lol:

Thought you guys using the Wrench might want to think about this idea.... Simply put a $2 spring between the hitch and the pulley and it will ensure your hitch always grabs. I don't have a Wrench so haven't tried it but it works well on a Hitch Hiker and I think it should here to..

You sure have a way of making me feel stupid. Lol

Very nice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The idea showed promise at first but after playing with it for a bit I found the hitch has the tendency to eat the spring, get tangled in it. Maybe if you put a spring in a webbing tube??? Spring length is dependent on the length of your hitch legs. This was just an idea due to me worrying about hitches failing to grab on SRT systems.....

The idea showed promise at first but after playing with it for a bit I found the hitch has the tendency to eat the spring, get tangled in it. Maybe if you put a spring in a webbing tube??? Spring length is dependent on the length of your hitch legs. This was just an idea due to me worrying about hitches failing to grab on SRT systems.....

Thanks for reply. Makes sense but I think I'll give it a miss.
I started using a RW in February and I'm loving it. SRT just makes more sense for access and work position, IMO.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hny5cz

Back