Rope Wrench safety??

Welcome to the TreeHouse, my friend. Butch is my name - yours?

How did you find us?

Hi Butch, I'm Alasdair. I live in Horley, Surrey, 20 miles south of London.
I found you all yesterday because the Hitch Hiker was mentioned on a thread on Arbtalk so I googled it.
Also, our friend DMc, Surveyor and Carey Gibson are regulars and valued member of Arbtalk.

Maybe the spring should have it's both ends expanded and flat, like a sort of diabolo.
By this way, it can't jam in the hitch nor in the other device under it (Rope Wrench, Hitch Hiker, pulley ...).
Not for all the hitches though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tried a flat plastic spring with the HH but even a closed hitch like a distal would still tend to eat the spring....

Hi Oldmill...I went to Merrist Wood, where'd you go, or are you an on-the-job learner?

I can still hear Kenyon...
'one handed cutting...bastard deserves to die..'
'be a bit of a fag if that goes wrong'
'...there will be bits of blood and bone on it.'

Thanks for the welcome guys. I went to Merrist Wood too and I too can still here the words of King Kenyon ringing in my ears. I mean that affectionately though as he was a great tutor and mentor.

Back to the spring. Great idea but it wouldn't be mid line attachable. Has anyone tried a piece of flexible plastic tube slit down one side so that it can be attached mid line? Having said that, a slit down the side would mean it could pop off. Never mind.

Haha...Welcome OldMill!

We should start a 'who went to Merrist Wood thread'

Back