Rope bridge question

A little of topic but having read through this thread I had a question regarding tether material. Occasionally I like to add a fixed length tether between my bridge and various devices (unicender, hitchclimber,ect.) right now Im using 8mm ice tail fishermans looped and girth hitched on both ends, mostly because I have allot of extra laying around. would there be a safer better alternative ? Tenex Tec maybe? something easily spliced that I can make costom legths, just trying to get away from bulky knotts

I've made a few such tethers out of velocity, spliced them up, not needed anymore..... SRT with the HH.

tenex would fuzz up. Treestuff would sew some eyes on a short length if cost is a consideration.

I use a webbing loop for my uni. I have a biner in an alpine butterfly just below the loop that girth hitches to the uni so I can be hooked close for working/limbwalking, and let it out to full length for ascending (either Ddrt or sit-stand with a hand ascender and foot loop on SRT). I guestimated the length, cut the webbing but only sealed one end and did it open, then put an overhand knot in one side, tucked the unsealed end inside the other, and worked the overhand knot down till it is on the overlaping section (long description of a beer knot) then tweaked it a few times after climbing to get the length just right

Back