Rocky's bucket truck for sale

I like 3" or so of sawdust/debris in my bucket to put me at the right height to lean out of it. Glad your trip went well Brian. What's up with driving the last two legs of the trip all at once? I think I've said this before but I'll say it again Justin good luck with the truck. Hope everything goes well and it makes you tons of money.

Just awesome man. Seeing that pic sure makes me want a material handler. 8)

Congrats again to both y'all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No fish were harmed or disturbed, and the water was very cold (for a Floridian). That white stuff you see in the background is snow. :lol:

I just checked my camera and I have about 100 pictures from the trip. Looks like most of them came out in spite of the fact that I cracked the LCD display screen on the camera last week. I'll sort, resize and post some of them tomorrow.

i bet justin was drooling when he saw you pick that and set it by the chipper!! i like a clean floor also

I thought maybe he set you up with the leaky floater, you know, take truck seller to the lake to go 'fishing', somehow the floridian goes 'missing' after the transfer papers have been signed....

:)

Oh Lawdy we used to get ice in the floor of the danged bucket in cold weather.No matter if you had the cover on or not it found it's way in .

Now that isn't real cool when you are "gloving" 4160 in the primaries .:what:

You can't thump it out with a hammer because you take a chance of breaking that cold fiberglass . Dump in a coffee can full of sand and clean -er out when it warms up. All you could do .

I think I am going to have to rank this trip as one of the more successful TreeHouse Road Trips of all time. Getting to spend a little time with Carl and Justin, as well as completing a successful transaction that will hopefully be very beneficial for Justin has been an absolute treat.
:)

Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

I still haven't sorted and resized all the pics but here's a good one of Justin with his new truck. :)

Maybe the higher sides helped me with my back pains. Also depends on how tall you are. I am no midget

I have sorted through the trip pictures. Some are repetitive but I was shooting blind without a preview screen. Some of them might fit in other threads better but they are all tied to my trip to deliver the truck to Justin so I'm posting them here.

I left home last Tuesday night. I got to my father's cabin in Eufaula about daybreak on Wednesday but he wasn't there. Looks like he's got the driveway poured and is about finished building the freestanding garage. I passed one of those line clearance disc cutters somewhere in AL, got to Carl's place mid afternoon. Carl fed me and put me up for the night. Thursday morning I saw some Mississippi style pruning. The west half of Mississippi is quite flat.

My first time driving over the Mississippi River. It's huge! Then I turned slightly North and headed through Little Rock, picking up I-40 West. I think that's the Arkansas river there. The headwaters of the Arkansas River are about 80 miles NW from Justin's place in Colorado.

In western Arkansas I saw what first looked like lakes, but they were flooded crop fields. I found a few foothills (the Ozarks), then Oklahoma. You've heard that there's nothing but steers and queers in Oklahoma? Well, there might be a sliver of truth in that. I stopped at a rest stop to use the bathroom and some fat dude in a suit and wing tips propositioned me while I was using the urinal. I about peed down my leg getting my pants zipped back up, and the guy was still standing there by the men's room door as I drove off. :O

(no offense to Okietreedude or any other forum members from Oklahoma) 8)

I drove straight through the night, figured I'd make better time driving straight through. Western OK is fairly sparse and I wasn't anxious to interact with more Oklahomans. ;) I did stop about 4am in the middle of nowhere and shut off the truck for a few minutes to get out and look at the stars. Even without a moon visible, the sky was completely illuminated by stars. Absolutely amazing, I spent some time reflecting on my miniscule part of this vast universe.

Daybreak was beautiful. I passed a place called Twin Peaks or something like that, and a wind farm. Those windmills are a LOT bigger than you think. No, they are even bigger than that. You're still not close, bigger. ;)

Finally got into Colorado and headed West on route 50. From the plains, the first thing you can see to the west is Pike's Peak. Colorado Springs is at the base of it. As I got closer, I saw more of the mountain range. First snow I've seen in many years.

Got to Canon City and the motel about 11am. I tried to check in but it was too early and the room wasn't ready yet, so I rolled over to Justin's house 4 blocks away. He was working on a saw on his tailgate when I pulled in. We set up the truck and he got his first ride. :D

Saturday we did a small removal without the bucket truck (previous commitment for a construction super) and then Justin took me to see a castle up in the mountains. 9100 feet elevation or something like that. This crazy old dude has built this castle by himself. :O He's definitely some sort of genius, but I think his cheese has slid off the cracker. :lol:

More castle pictures. The chimney goes up and exhausts out the dragon's mouth. There's an elevator as well as multiple stairways. I climbed up to the top of the tallest tower, quite a view.

On the way down the mountain we stopped so I could play in the snow. :P We saw mountain goats and deer as well.

Sunday Justin took me fishing. Monday I got a picture of a storm moving over Canon City and one last shot of Justin with the truck. Monday he dropped me off at the airport. One last shot of the mountains from the gate at Colorado Springs airport, and a picture of boats riding around in the Gulf of Mexico as I cruised overhead from Houston to Orlando.

The End. :|:

Cool pics Brian!

Looks like a good time was had by you and Justin.

Funny how you had to stop and frolic in the snow! You didnt make a snow angel?

Back