Rocky's bucket truck for sale

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hey everybody! I'm checking in from the motel computer. It's slow as heck and I can't upload pictures but I wanted to check in. Again I appreciate all the good mojo flowing from all my friends here. This trip would have not happened if it weren't for this forum. I'll update here with all my trip pictures after I get home next week. I broke the viewfinder screen on my camera but it still works, I just can't see what I'm taking a picture of. Luckily I have room for over 500 pics on the card so I can just take a lot and sort them later.

Justin is working me like a dog but I'm being fed well. Fishing tomorrow and some work Monday. It's all good. :D

Glad everything worked out good.Enjoy those mountains.I miss them.

Our yearly "safari" to the Rockies on a hunting trip used to "restore my soul" sort of .:D

Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera so I can't show pics of Brian storming the castle.

Congrats Brian and Justin, It is good to see a deal like this work out and have a happy ending.

Well Justin it looks you went and did the worst thing a climber can do. You went and got yourself a bucket truck. Now your spurs won't stay nice and shiny. Your climbing lines and hitch cords will last five times longer. You won't have as much to contribute to the climbing forums because now your an equipment operator.:P

I don't know if your still working alone or not but that truck will make your job easier and safer if your still doing a solo act. You will find all kinds of ways to rig a tree using that bucket, I had to fly solo for awhile and having a boom or bucket made a difference in getting jobs done. The only problem with doing a solo act is you have to make two trips with two different trucks one to cut with and another to go back and do clean-up.

Good luck with your new to you baby. I know you will treat it good and should give you many years of good service.

Does any of your competition have a bucket ???

We caught a lot of wind. I hooked one trout and lost it on a jump and Brian caught an F150 , trailer and 12 foot Fglass V hull.
.......but is was kinda sketchy 'cause he noodled it.

Good morning Gigi. I'm still at the motel. They have one computer available for guest use between 6-10am, and I just had to fight off a motel employee in order to gain access.

Catching the F150 was interesting. We were paddling towards the boat ramp instead of going all the way back to our launch point because the wind was whipping up so strong. The guy had the trailer backed in the water and was having a bit of trouble getting his boat on straight. He had the boat mostly loaded and started rocking it back and forth trying to adjust it on the trailer when the parking brake gave way and the truck rolled into the water. I was close enough to stand up out of the tube and grabbed the truck while he jumped up into the driver's seat. He got it started even though it was mostly in the water but he couldn't drive it forward because the back end was floating enough to where his tires just spun. Another truck and trailer backed down and one guy ran over with a short chain. I hooked the chain to the bumper and Justin hooked it to the other guy's trailer. As he started pulling out I released the boat because it was floating sideways off the trailer. Finally he got out and we reloaded his boat.

Justin and I are going to work the truck this morning. Hopefully I can show him a few tips to shorten his learning curve. I'm flying home tomorrow.

A rental lift a few times, I think. We played around with it in his driveway the other day.

If it doesn't have a lot of slop in the swingers ,you can thread a needle with it once you learn how to fly it .

I myself don't quite have an Altec down pat but I can fly a Hi-Ranger in my sleep .;)

That truck is going to make old Stump a lot of money.He most likely will wonder how he got by all this time without one .

Mostly I watched and groundied today but i flew it for one job. Brian is amazingly fast at wrecking out a tree. I'm going to have to get used to the controls but the possibilities are amazing. We lifted out several small trees this afternoon -up and over the house to the curb. It was a good day excepet for my cut lip.-A saw kicked back and I'm not certain what hit my lip but if it was chain -thank God for chainbrakes! Just a little cut but I bled all over my shirt.

Back