Relocation

Texas has horrible weather for tree work, climbing trees is sooooo much easier when the temps are below 80. Normally good money round here for smallish trees though....

Traditionally, gardeners in the colder part of the country here take the winters off, get going again in early spring. They make good money with all the trimming they do, among other things. You might see them working if it is a particularly mild period during winter. I have a couple brothers gardener friends. When I see them after the long layoff, they look like different people. Their faces aren't all screwed up into weird shapes.

What about Alaska?

3% tax,no sales tax
Amazing outdoor opportunities.
Friendly People
Affordable Housing
Good money in Treework
I used to pay 3% Tax,now I loose 65%.OFM.

If he is getting tired of winter in Idaho, how would moving to Alaska help?

If Darin moves to Alaska he might get to liking Idaho weather more. It's all relative. Too bad there are no trees at the south pole.

Actually Fairbanks is supposed to be pretty temperate through the year, but it's rated in one of most expensive cities to live in, so not much help there!
The wife and would both move to Springfield MO in a heartbeat if we could, beautiful town, not to big, not to small and still friendly and laid back.
I love Austin TX, but it's too damn hot there for me! If the heat doesn't kill you, the humidity damn sure will!
I'm amazed there are so many KS "cities" (I sure wouldn't call them that!) on this list: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2010/top100/
Interesting read for sure!

Hmmmph! That list serves to illustrate the utter unreliability of CNN as an information source.

Back