Proud new daddy? I think (Gas Container Thread)

They look messy to me. After a few weeks it would be near impossible to pour gas without getting bar oil all over your paws.

Actually that doesn't happen. But I still no longer use them. No spill is the only way to go. I buy bar oil cheaper in 1 gallon jugs than I can in 55 gallon drums so I get a brand new oil jug every time I use a gallon!
And the thread title does suck, I was ignoring it after reading the first post and scratching my head

I buy bar oil cheaper in 1 gallon jugs than I can in 55 gallon drums so I get a brand new oil jug every time I use a gallon!
Yea but you don't get a nice barrel that way .After a while you have a zillion 1 gallon jugs scattered hither and yon filled with who knows what .

I won't use the combi-cans anymore. No spill cans all the way. Accept no substitute.

Can you spot the combi-can? Slang around these parts for them is "dolmar"...I guess the first ones available back in the day were made by Dolmar.

They can be somewhat messy, but not because they are combined, just not as good a pour control as the no-spills, I guess. I wipe mine down every so often, no problem of any significance.

Attachments

• Img_0441.Jpg
    Img_0441.Jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 5
My combi can has auto shut off non spill spouts for oil and petrol, oil is a tad slow but since i use winter oil all year round its not too bad, and never a drop spilled or on my paws.

Same as the ones I posted Burnham. The clear stihl version is the best, although in that picture it doesnt have its anti spill spouts on.
The one you have that you call a dolmar is a real antique, one of the very earliest combi cans. My father has 1 identical that he's kept since his falling days.

I guess maybe that's why it's in my truck, then :).

Actually, I have another one that's much older than this one...I think this one is less than ten years old. I haven't paid much attention to the newer fuel containers...I ought to take a look at what's currently available in my local Stihl dealer's shop.

Stihl part numbers

Stihl Fuel Filling Anti Spill Spout (00008905005)
tt801.jpg

Stihl Chain Oil Anti Spill Filling Spout (00008905004)
tt799.jpg

Not too sure if they are available in the US though?

I've got one of those spout gizmos on one of my fuel cans .It came from TSC .Works fine ,a lot better than an anti freeze jug .

NO SPILL brand containers are the best for me. I have four of them. Gave away all my perfectly "good" Blitz cans after trying the NO SPILL once.

Now if someone can just show me a way to fill up my old '76 Chevy C-10 (when using those black accordion rubber boot nozzles) without spilling half the gas down the side of the truck.

Tried that, didn't work.

The rubber boot has to make an air seal before gas will dispense. You might be able to make it seal if you had four hands. Have you tried it?

Same as the ones I posted Burnham. The clear stihl version is the best, although in that picture it doesnt have its anti spill spouts on.
The one you have that you call a dolmar is a real antique, one of the very earliest combi cans. My father has 1 identical that he's kept since his falling days.

Antique? Even my mower can is nearly new.:what:

Attachments

• P2270082.JPG
    P2270082.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 86
Time sure goes fast. I would have bought it early to mid 80's.

Shame I kept using that Zoom can at home, early 70's, could get a few dollars for it now.:(

I've got an old McCulloch round can in good condition stashed somewhere, might make up for it.

Here is the one Ed showed, but with the spouts right side out.
Should make it a little easier to see, why it isn't messy at all.

I've used these since they hit the market some 25+ years ago and they are really the cats ass.

kombidunk-5bc0d958.png

My main gripe with them was the non spill cap breaking. I had them for years, and the guys always used to break the caps. The stihl ones never break. I do like the orange cans though..

Yes, they do break if you treat them mean.
But a new cap is not expensive.

There was a batch about 10 years ago, where the caps were faulty.
When they broke, we'd bring them to the dealer and get a replacement for free.
Eventually the bad lot ran out, and they stopped breaking again.

I have one of those double cans but I haven't used it in years .Actually it's been years since I couldn't drive right up to the stuff I was cutting at the time . Different geography .

Back