pine removal

LOL....
I just can't make my parents pay.. They have done so much for me in this business and others with referrals.. Not to mention bailing me out of a couple situations in life. LOL
Their friends on the other hand... They get a good deal.. but ....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya but i gotta get paid. 9 hrs trip with chipper and all other gear. My wife's grandpa is judge Parrish and every year they line me out with weeks worth of work. And they never turn my prices down. But I give them a deal cause the trees are smaller. But bark beetles and sudden oak Death and mistletoe create more work due to constant cleaning of gear and saws. Trees there ate in trouble!

That's it! I work over there every month... You did the Grey pines right before I started working there.
DO some of the trees from time to time and some clearing work. AHA!

Mike, Lyle and Gloria originally hired us. I've known Mark and Janet longer. Insurance referral. Ins company wanted more clearance below Marks place. Where you took that big grey pine down. Well, the other side of the house where the spring is at.
Lyle made me promise to take good care of what Gloria needs done on the property before he passed, God rest his soul.
We just love working there.

Ya lyle and I were great friends. Great place to work for the whole fam. Take care of them. Mark is awesome! Ive done tons of work for them. I love that spot.

When I get work there I will refer it to you! Elaine told me they had other tree workers there I will tell her to keep you. But no need ,your work obviously speaks for itself. I'm trying to move back but scared of lack of work

Still not able to go full time trees only and we have been established 9 years. 60 percent as of 2012 was tree work. Ladder fuels reduction the rest of it. And we only keep the lights on with that. Feast or famine. Hard to raise a family like that. We have the advantage that 3 incomes stay home. No employees.

Ya I got 3 kids and an amazing wife. I work for 4 companies to stay busy but have to climb the ones noone else will just to stay busy! Sucks but im just thankful for the work. Its funny but im afraid of heights! So I skydive every day and get paid for it.

I have only contract climbed for one guy and he shut down recent. Helped All Around Tree with some rigging a couple times just as a nice favour. They came and helped us on a job that same day. Tit for tat...

I figured I could at least get some work out side of ourselves from time to time just to keep busier with the trees. But .....
Oh well. I probably get more market share than others here in the area. I don't advertise. We started to, and I got to busy with looky lou crap estimates. Too much running around for nuttin. We had a larger crew then. Cut them and the ads. Went to all three owners only and an occasional sub. Became more profitable. My maintenance went way down as well. Did not have to gas three vehicles. Still not perfect. But we do better every year.

Sounds like you enjoy what you do! Me too. Just staying alive.lol good talking with ya, ill hit you up when im down in posa.

Mike, check out the beginners tree climbing thread, not that you are a beginner but there is a LOT of good info there that might help.
This site helped me move on from split tail blakes, to Hitch Climber (awesome) to very recently SRT with the Hitch Hiker, as well as loads of information on gear and technique. Like you I don't have many folks around to compare with so the info and help here is invaluable.

S*&^ those trees are big in your picture! I'm the queen of the little trees (yes ima girl so don't panic)

Mike, check out the beginners tree climbing thread, not that you are a beginner but there is a LOT of good info there that might help.
This site helped me move on from split tail blakes, to Hitch Climber (awesome) to very recently SRT with the Hitch Hiker, as well as loads of information on gear and technique. Like you I don't have many folks around to compare with so the info and help here is invaluable.

S*&^ those trees are big in your picture! I'm the queen of the little trees (yes ima girl so don't panic)
thx for the info bermy . I won't panic you seem like a badass! Your avatars is awesome, im yet to work with a crane. Be safe !

Back