Picco 3/8LP round chisel cutter chain

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just went through 6 pages of post on this chain on my site and didnt count the post, only had 1 person with negative feedback. Guess who :lol: :|:

Everyone else was like WOW unreal chain in the cuts. Some even liked it over their stihl RS .325 chain on 46cc saws.

Again nuff said. ;)

Just looked at the video. 2 bars used. 1 45dl other 56dl No difference I hate to tell you. I run 45dl and 56dl PS3 and PS chain and still the same in the cut. Before you even try and go there. :lol:

I run the chain. I don't agree it vibrates less or is faster, what is the big deal?

I ask about the bar as you pointed out several times it must be same as much as possible.
It is not hard to use same bars...

You know as well as I it is not same result with different saws, wood, operators etc.
I doubt any two people get same results when trying as parameters are too wide.
So what?

You like it better than Oregon VXL, I don't. What is the big deal???

It perhaps sell great in US and is loved over all things, but it is not selling here or is not even available last I looked.

As I wrote on your site it is not working here.

There can be many limbs cuts, that is right, but here logging is apparently a lot different from what you are used to as limbs are not that big.
These chains are not doing much cutting in bigger stuff here. They are used for clearing, thinning and occasional aroborist.
Fell, limb, cut top, repete. In rare occasions there might be two cuts.
Not very hard on the saw compared to a firewood creator were there is lo limbing, just cuts and cuts......
I have not seen a pro use 3/8 hobby here for years...
They all run 325 on smaller saws, 3/8 on bigger.

The use of a saw this size here makes it not so suited for chisel chain as it makes the job harder and slower.

It perhaps sell great in US and is loved over all things, but it is not selling here or is not even available last I looked.

As I wrote on your site it is not working here.

Cut4 fun is just offering some different opinions and options for the working man out there. You say in your last post the chain is not even available in Sweden the last you looked, maybe it should be introduced as here in Canada it's a combo on the small arborist or pulp saws like the new MS241CM .
Just another option choice for the working man out there. Here I thought you Swedes were advanced in the forestry / arboriculture sector.
Maybe a little too close to the Russian border affecting your way of thinking;)

Here's a good demo video from Stihl Canada on the 63PS / MS241 C-M combo, be fore warned Bob is a little stiff in his presentation....maybe a little too much excitement over this saw.

http://youtu.be/zXscYA8tu48

My whole thing was I said it was fastest cutting 3/8LP. That is all, nothing more. Now you changed arguing to vibrate etc. I said fastest cutting 3/8LP chain . ;)

Plus it can be square filed .

N1 and VXL was my favorite till PS PS3 came out. :D Now there is only 1 choice :D

FWIW it doesn't vibrate .Cuts just like normal round ground chisel only a tad smaller .

Fact just for giggles I square filed a loop ,gave it the full blown race chain treatment .It got even faster .Now of course noone is going to go to those extremes on a working saw .I only did it just to see the results .

The last I bought any it was about a buck higher than regular Stihl Pico for a 14" loop .

PS3 was used as this was done back in 2011. Didnt get PS till 2013.

Reason for using square trees debarked for chain testing is it keeps everything even and same size the whole cant. Same reason for racing it keeps everything as equal as possible.

For one thing when I test chains. I dont rock in the cuts I make sure I can reach across and make 1 single cut straight through all the way down. I then listen to the saws motor to make sure it isnt bogging in each cut like others videos testing.

All I know is my echo pole saw feels like a light sabre with the PS3 on it now days. Less time in the cut means less time of me having to hold that puppy over my head. :D

I know what works for me and many others out there testing and using. :D

This is how I try and do testing when possible. If not then the testing gets irregular, even hitting a knot throws it off. You got to try and listen to the motor and keep them rpm's in the cuts. :P Straight across no rocking in the cuts.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WOqbtxdfufU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/znFVT8MlmmU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u8LjyTmQUrA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Iwo-sKjcNI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oVs2rb7CMxQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8x8 is about the same as a 9" round ;)

Kevin I think 8x8 is equivalent to 12" round if my memory serves me correctly.

Yes no rocking which causes lost cutting efficiency.
The only time I rock in the kerf is if the saw is acting up , for example if the saw is not warmed up enough .

I'm not a math guy but always figured 10x10 was closer to the 12" round.

I think square root algebra is needed for that conversion.
or google:lol:

I ask my son while busting some clays and he rattled off 8x8 = ??? , then round by pie stuff etc is closer to 9.5 inches round, just under he said. Off the top of his head. :O Just raised my brows and said thanks for info. All just foreign talk to me.

Back