Pelican Case warranty

Altissimus

TreeHouser
...thumbs up to Pelican , have several as they are tough enough for Tree Biz. Actually managed to break a large one I purchased for the GRCS. Good folks at Pelican replaced it with new case AND free shipping ! Awesome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some outfits make the warranty a total hassle , pay to ship damaged plus shipping on new. Pelican had me "destroy" damaged case and submit photos. Easy!

I love their stuff they are made really close to my house!

love
nick

Pelican bought and now run what was Hardigg Industries in South Deerfield, Ma. I live 30 min from the company and worked there before and after roto casting the cases.

Do you still use that size case for the GCRS? If so, what # is it? Any special way you have it laid out in the box? Pics?

Thanks in advance. I'm still tripping over my GCRS on the floor.

I picked up a small Pelican case (free) a number of years ago, one of the latches was broke.

Called Pelican to order new latches, the gal took all my info, said they would send them out.

I asked if she wanted my credit card number......"No sir, our cases have a lifetime warranty"

"But I didn't buy it new"

"Doesn't matter, sir, our cases have a lifetime warranty"

"Ok, thank you!"

Can't beat a company that stands behind their product like that.

Ed

We use 2 of them to store our Arborjet setups. I'm trying to find one that can be or tool box on the chipper. The metal one rusted like crazy. I think a pelican would do the trick but can't find one the dimensions I need. :(

love
nick

Nick, you might want to look at the Stanley Fat Max plastic tool box. One is about 23 inches wide and one is about 26 inches wide. Not as hearty as a Pel case but, strong enough to stand on etc.. They are good workable tool boxes. I have 4 of them, am going to mount one on each chipper fender.

Definitely not as hardy as the Pelican.
Mine lasted about a week, then it slid on the truck bed and broke at one hinge.

So you are going to fit the chipper into the carrying case.
Neat concept.

Meinst Du nicht: Unüberlegt Nick, Untersuche Hardigg Storm?

And why the German?

Wow. Very cool.

I bought a tail light for my bicycle and have to send it back for warranty, but will be without a taillight for a week or two and have to ship at my cost.

Nick, if you are looking for tool function don't rule out a 23"/24" wide toolbox quite so quickly. Set a 24 inch wide toolbox you have on top of the fender (or a mockup in cardboard.) If you can move around it fine and the overhang austhetics aren't killing you you might be in business. Those Fat Max boxes are hearty enough to step up on all day. Just heed Stigs warning and don't let it get a running start at hard objects. (Bolt it to the fender.:D) I am going to strap mine into aluminum angle iron brackets for transport.

Well...this has a recessed, fold flat handle...that doesn't leak. They snap into place when placed in at a certain angle. (You can jerk them out if you work at it while grabbing them from the front of the truck with a pole hook.)

Back