Opinions on Motorcycles?

i just want to be the back seat warmer..

i have that been there done that feeling about bikes. my last one was a 1971 sportster.

the plastic comes of the back of my seat and you can warm it up anytime.

Had my KLR out three times in the last two weeks. Took it to work today,(1/2 hr drive).

Three deer crossed the road in front of me in the morning and on the way home, I just missed hitting a hawk that flew up from a road kill.

Sure glad I bought a full face helmet last month!

Got thinking about my next bike, was leaning tward a FJR but I think its gonna be a Suz V-Strom DL1000.

Reason: Its more my style of bike and all I'll ever need.

HC

Had my KLR out three times in the last two weeks. Took it to work today,(1/2 hr drive).

Three deer crossed the road in front of me in the morning and on the way home, I just missed hitting a hawk that flew up from a road kill.

Sure glad I bought a full face helmet last month!

Got thinking about my next bike, was leaning tward a FJR but I think its gonna be a Suz V-Strom DL1000.

Reason: Its more my style of bike and all I'll ever need.

HC

I had a KLR 650 little over 10 years ago. What a comfortable ride. Problem I had was I thought it was ok to take anywhere off road and kept hurting my back trying to keep it up when it was going over. Pretty heavy for off the road stuff.

Got any picts?

I had a KLR 650 little over 10 years ago. What a comfortable ride. Problem I had was I thought it was ok to take anywhere off road and kept hurting my back trying to keep it up when it was going over. Pretty heavy for off the road stuff.

Got any picts?
-- ----------------

No current pic of my KLR but I'll work on it and post some later. Have to admit, the KLR is a jack of all trades but master of nothing kinda bike.

I have it set up for Hwy driving with a larger front sprocker that droped the rpm's by 500. Also installed Avon Distanzi (street) tires. The bike will go all day at 90kms but earlier today I put over 150kms on it an was cruzing around 100km @hr most the time with no problems.

Here is a pic of the Suz V-Strom DL1000 I'm now looking at...

HC

Attachments

• 2009_4_Vstorm1000Red.jpg
    2009_4_Vstorm1000Red.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 45
------------------

No current pic of my KLR but I'll work on it and post some later. Have to admit, the KLR is a jack of all trades but master of nothing kinda bike.

I have it set up for Hwy driving with a larger front sprocker that droped the rpm's by 500. Also installed Avon Distanzi (street) tires. The bike will go all day at 90kms but earlier today I put over 150kms on it an was cruzing around 100km @hr most the time with no problems.

Here is a pic of the Suz V-Strom DL1000 I'm now looking at...

HC
I'd keep the KLR is you can afford to and the space. I wish I did. :cry:

On what I saved on gas with the KLR, its payed for my MC course, insureance, and part of the bike the first year ridding! Half dozen or so tree jobs and the bike was paid in full.

Yes, I'll be keeping it regardless if I get another! I'd likely take it up north small game hunting in September. Will have to re-change gearing and replace the street tires with off-roads though. Miles & miles of trails up there and that bike would be perfect.8)

A friend of mine in Oshawa (just north of Toronto), has a V-strom dl1000 and is thinking about selling. I'll be calling him this weekend and make an offer, we'll see if he bites. His is a 2004 bought new in '05 with between 16 -18000kms on it. Has lots of addons and luggage in matching colors. Bikes in mint shape and well taken care of. I'll let you know what he says after we talk.

HC

On what I saved on gas with the KLR, its payed for my MC course, insureance, and part of the bike the first year ridding! Half dozen or so tree jobs and the bike was paid in full.

Yes, I'll be keeping it regardless if I get another! I'd likely take it up north small game hunting in September. Will have to re-change gearing and replace the street tires with off-roads though. Miles & miles of trails up there and that bike would be perfect.8)

A friend of mine in Oshawa (just north of Toronto), has a V-strom dl1000 and is thinking about selling. I'll be calling him this weekend and make an offer, we'll see if he bites. His is a 2004 bought new in '05 with between 16 -18000kms on it. Has lots of addons and luggage in matching colors. Bikes in mint shape and well taken care of. I'll let you know what he says after we talk.

HC

Sounds like a great bike and some nice riding up there. I used to live in a little town called Bridgenorth and graduated from high school in Peterborough, Ontario.

We have some great riding around here. I can go over the Ohio River and ride Rt. 10 for a hundred miles of curvy scenic hilly lightly traveled roads on a Sunday morning and not see the same spot twice. It is like a playground for street bikes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
man all that double quoting is gonna peeve the hell outta Butch's pet.

I'm lovin my bike, rain, mist or sun. Great fun.

man all that double quoting is gonna peeve the hell outta Butch's pet.

I'm lovin my bike, rain, mist or sun. Great fun.

I can lost that habit. Just seems when I straight reply bout 4 or 5 posts are between and my post makes less sense than usual. You got it tho. I am easy to get along with (after this post I guess)

Went on a long ride to Alice's Diner. Woodside, pretty good breakfast.
Must have been at least 150 bikes there, pretty cool.

Went with a friend and a bunch of his friends, maybe 7 of us starting out.
2 Choppers, 2 sweet Ducati's, BMW, some honda street bike and my little thumper.

I definetly don't dress like a biker.

Super fun bike ride in the curvy forest,
though the interstate I was the bogger.

Split lanes for miles, traffic was at a stand still along the beach.
the sand that blew off the ocean accumulates in the center line rutted area, made it fun.

Anyway, now I'm doing laundry.

I think I want some kinda urban assault ducati.

No Idea, Brian.
I never heard an Arlo Guthrie song,
Funny though, I have quite a bit of the Woody Guthrie collection.

May skip a generation.

Arlo's "Hippie Church" is five miles from my house, and a 1/4 mile from my workplace. I did a couple of perc tests on his land a few years ago. Cool dude for sure. I think the original Alice's was in Stockbridge MA, or not too far away, certainly within 20 minutes of my house.

It's a long one, Deva. It gets played on the radio (a lot) every Thanksgiving. :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b8DtpdXZi0M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b8DtpdXZi0M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back