Opinions on Motorcycles?

You got THAT right!

Motorcycle_Tow_Truck_4.jpg
Motorcycle_Tow_Truck_3.jpg
Motorcycle_Tow_Truck_2.jpg

Indian Larry was a true old school chopper builder .Built those spine breaking hardtails literally out of junk ,one at a time .

Some of them like Orange County choppers just basically assemble them from components .Either readily available or custom built to specs .

Not old Larry ,those were one of a kind . I know some bikers that had met him while he was still among the living and I guess he was a pretty cool guy .

My days of the choppers are done ,been down that road .If I ever get another it most likely will be a big old Harley ,dressed to the nines .Air ride ,stereo , all the bells and whistles .---Funny how ones tastes change with a few decades under your belt .;)

Indian Larry was a true old school chopper builder .Built those spine breaking hardtails literally out of junk ,one at a time .

Some of them like Orange County choppers just basically assemble them from components .Either readily available or custom built to specs .

Not old Larry ,those were one of a kind . I know some bikers that had met him while he was still among the living and I guess he was a pretty cool guy .

My days of the choppers are done ,been down that road .If I ever get another it most likely will be a big old Harley ,dressed to the nines .Air ride ,stereo , all the bells and whistles .---Funny how ones tastes change with a few decades under your belt .;)

a few decades--and lots of bruises, and breaks, and tired joints---!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man I've been riding around having so much fun.

Here in San Francisco, you really have to pay attention with traffic.

It's a good time for sure, I haven't taken any pictures yet. Soon......

Motorcycle mechanics are expensive.
He said those blinkers were useless anyway.

So I got a brake light and headlight.
The horn is a bit of a joke.

So, as this blog continues.

Sunday night I was coming back from a friends's house in the rain.
That sunday we had rolling traffic stops on 101 I wrecked a good sized euc over the freeway.
Coming home in the dark raining, I hit a dark turn and went over a steel plate in the road. With this guy tailgating me.
Needless to say when I cornered I accelerated and washed the rear end.
I got it back upright before I realized I was heading for the Range Rover so I laid it down and dumped it into this Range Rovers tire.
Only broke the clutch and frontbrake levers off, walked the bike home.

Crazy black and blue on my right foot.
But I can work on it now.

Fixed the bike and rode yesterday and today, still wet but not raining.

Motos in the rain suck, the streaked face shield kinda jacks my scene.
Still having fun.

I think of it as a safe educational crash.
A learning if you will.

Glad to hear you walked away. I, too, had an educational crash. I came over a hill and the road was wet, and the backend went right out from under me. I'd like another dual sport, but....

A friend of mine who has been rideing since the early 70's offered this advise to me when I first got my motorcycle licened:

He said that while rideing from point "A" to point "B", my number one job is to look for the guy who is out to get me once I let my guard down!

In other words, stay allert so you can recognize & locate trouble before trouble finds you! :/: ;)

HC

call me crazy but i still like trikes 8) got to go we got trees on houses;)

Attachments

• 100_1480.jpg
    100_1480.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0969.jpg
    100_0969.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 54
Figured I keep it topical......
My friend I work with won this bike on a raffle with 25 dollars in tickets.

Custom Panhead built by the National Moto Mueseum in Iowa.
The motor is stamped number nine. J0000000009. 9th panhead motor ever.
I just got back from seeing it at his place.
He went to fire it up and the builders put the battery on backwards, fried the Positive post.

Anyway, It's pretty.

And a few pictures of mine...
and one of how beautiful today was.

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 5
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 5
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    330.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 3
As I mentioned earlier in this post, I ride a KLR650 (duel sport) and am happy with it to get me to & from work. Not to mentioned the weekend spin arount the county now & then. Thing is , its just not a highway bike...at all!!!

Was in one of our local bike shope buying a new helmet the other day & the sales person asked if I was looking at getting a new bike. I said I liked to get into something that will handle the highways on weekend getaways but the problem is Im a tall rider. I mentioned I liked the V-Strom DL1000 and the sales person asked if i looked at a FJR!

Never heard of a FJR before and as luck would have it, there were non on the show room floor to view! :what:

I started looking up the Yamaha FJRs on the internet and have to say...I like what I see so far!!! Leaning tward the FJR1300A or standard version.

Now if I can ever get to see one up close...I might just be motivated to breaking the Piggy Bank!

...Have a look at this sleek machine (Yamaha FJR1300) & maybe look it up on YouTube as well.

Man I hope I this bike fits me! 8)

HC

Attachments

• 2009_FJR_K_B_001.jpg
    2009_FJR_K_B_001.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 34
That thing looks like a scud missile, I bet it's fast.

-- -----------------------

I'm not a speed freak by any streatch...just need the leg room but ya, its a good looking machine. Lets just hope I don't look like a circus clown sitting on one!

Here's a pic of the FJR1300 without the bags.

HC

Attachments

• 28815_0_2_4_fjr%201300%20as_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg
    28815_0_2_4_fjr%201300%20as_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 3
What does that have for a motor? Looks pretty sweet. I was looking at the ST1300 last time I was at the shop. Must think of other things.:lol:

Attachments

• Honda_ST1300_Pan_European_2008_rouge_stpz.jpg
    Honda_ST1300_Pan_European_2008_rouge_stpz.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 73
wow deva, glad you didnt get hurt, my buddy laid one down real slow a couple years ago and broke his ankle. be safe

What does that have for a motor? Looks pretty sweet. I was looking at the ST1300 last time I was at the shop. Must think of other things.:lol:

---------

Dave,

The Yamaha FJR1300A has a 1298cc liquid cooled inline 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16valve motor.

For more specs search the internet for both 2009 models:

FJR 1300 A
FJR 1300 AE (no clutch leaver)

Do have a look at the FJR on YouTube. ;)

Bob

I'm just wondering if there will be enough room between the foot pegs and the seat for my long legs! Thats my number one problem with bikes...leg comfort!

Enjoyed all the talk and pictures of bikes. Might as well put a pict of mine up.

Attachments

• halb 254.jpg
    halb 254.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 32
i just want to be the back seat warmer..

i have that been there done that feeling about bikes. my last one was a 1971 sportster.

I passed a cop on a bend in the medium once standing there with a radar gun pointed at me when I came around a bend at 120 and he smiled and waved at me. Last week I had just cracked 110 and there was a cop in the medium in the car and he was pointed the other way and I guess couldn't pick up my direction. I got more stories like hitting a deer at 60 and not falling off. I sometimes think it has some magic in it.

Back