O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

A little stump grinder like that would actually serve me well these days. Something I can put in tight places but bigger than an Alpine.
Still have NOT sold a single bit of grinding for my sub I would use. Oh well.
Since we took on that project at the apartments buildings, I could have landed that part of the bid as well though. I will have to keep that one in mind..

That's an ity bity baby grinder! Cute! Sometimes I wish I still had my 252, but I do like how quick stumps go away with the bigger machine.

I have a contractor with a big machine, one of my ex employees who set up on his own.

I don't really want to run a big grinder, quite happy to contract that out, but on the smaller trees it's more cost effective to do the stump there and then.

That's exactly how I do it too Peter. Last year I bought the Predator 450 but I don't want to own a big machine because it wouldn't make me enough money.
I sub out the big stuff and add my 'introduction fee'.

Finally broke down and bought my first 2 201s

ame9enuq.jpg

Nice little score!
I made a few purchases myself. I bought a set of pallet forks and a auger drive with a 36" and a 12" bit. Image.jpg forks in action, red oak

I get a lot done with just a set of forks.... handy with actual palletised stuff as well :)
I sure want an auger as well... lotta fencing needed here....
I contacted a few contractor buddies of mine so I am going to be doing their deck footings. One job coming up is drilling out a basement egress window that otherwise they would have to hand dig. Auger to hog out most of the hole and some shovel work.

Thank you!

Yep 48" I wanted the reach and have a capacity of 2200lbs where as the next size smaller 42" only had a capacity of 990lbs. Not sure why tho.

The time has arrived!
bazu7yqu.jpg

Instead of time to make the donuts, it's time to make the wood chips (and payment, the work to own plan.).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Most of my rigging gear was new, all of my climbing gear was new. My chipper has a ballast resistor in it, yep 1974. My chip truck was made when I was a high school junior. I have owned a total of 3 new saw. Never have I known what a new piece of equipment cost more than an Arbor Trolley.

For once, and not the last time, I haven't bought someone else's problems!!!!!!

This thing is going to be a game changer. I have work lined up for next week with it.

I'm wondering if I could load it into my small utility trailer (rental tilt trailer for today's pick up) with truck maintenance ramps (oil change and the like). I think they would even slide under the trailer a bit supporting the rear end while the weight transfers. I'll be trying it at home soon....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back