O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

What a $500 box looks like...

IMG_20240301_170431675.jpg
That's twice what I paid for my pc, and it does all kinds of shit. The only job the box has is to say "Spark now!". Debating on driving up Sunday to install it. Weekends are already short. Dunno if I want to ruin half of it by getting pissed off. I may wait til Monday. Rain tomorrow.

:^D

You may be right. I have a bunch of trees dropped that need to be dealt with chipper or not. It would be great to be able to deal with the chippables, but if not, they still should be piled somewhere, and the stems moved. Good weather's coming to an end. It'll be awful here shortly.

What a $500 box looks like...

View attachment 136592
That's twice what I paid for my pc, and it does all kinds of shit. The only job the box has is to say "Spark now!". Debating on driving up Sunday to install it. Weekends are already short. Dunno if I want to ruin half of it by getting pissed off. I may wait til Monday. Rain tomorrow.
My diesel has two boxes. That was 800 rebuilt.

My DMM XSRE carabiner collection. I love these little guys! I use them for everything! 4kn of strength! I have four screw gate and two straight gate! Best accessory carabiners on the market! Hands down!

View attachment 136831
I've got the mini HMS XSRE that came on my harness suspenders from Monkey Beaver. I don't carry a great deal of tat, so I don't need that kinda stuff really. Also, everytime I go into a Ranger station, I get more Smokey Bear biners. Cheap little keychain things, with countless uses, although they mostly act as a back up lock on the dog kennel. Oh, and Kathryn faffs with them.

4kn is technically strong enough for rappelling...scary thought...

the regular xsre‘s gates break easily. i‘ve had better sucess with the smal rock exoticas..
I've had mine for about a year and a half and they've never failed me. I use one for my neck tether, my cellphone holder, for attaching throw weights to the end of my SRS line to make rope walking easier, for my knee ascender, and so much more. The quality is premium. I've had one of those Rock Exotica HMS minis and I lost it, but it was nice too. The oval shape of the XSRE seem to keep everything in alignment better, though. Just my impression.
I've got the mini HMS XSRE that came on my harness suspenders from Monkey Beaver. I don't carry a great deal of tat, so I don't need that kinda stuff really. Also, everytime I go into a Ranger station, I get more Smokey Bear biners. Cheap little keychain things, with countless uses, although they mostly act as a back up lock on the dog kennel. Oh, and Kathryn faffs with them.

4kn is technically strong enough for rappelling...scary thought...
I have a dynamic double adjustable lanyard that I use for testing hitches. If the hitch were to ever fail when I bomb out on it for example to see if it grabs under duress (one of the tests), the lanyard would catch me dynamically and absorb the shock. But anyways, I should do a video where I test an XSRE. Could be fun to see what you can actually pull off with it. It would obviously just be for shits and giggles and definitely not climbing advice.

Bailey's is running a 20% off sale on select Husqvarna chainsaws. I have heard rumors this is the last year for the 395XP and my old one was my favorite saw of all time. So I finally pulled the trigger and got it today. I put it together and made one test cut, this thing rips!

The new X-Cut Husqvarna chain is very aggressive. Sort of halfway between round filed and square filed. If it holds up well I may just buy loops of that rather than buying another roll of Stihl 33RSF. There is very little savings buying by the roll and I won't use it much anyway. And Husqvarna chain is not made by Oregon (unlike all the other brands they have bought up in the last 30 years). The last thing I want is soft, stretchy Oregon chain.

Anyway, on to the pictures. 430911046_314996571593933_5973580269552385857_n.jpg 431137961_792992346183032_6502887755465559434_n.jpg 431171327_373695632287907_4079653961982821529_n.jpg

My favorite saw as well, Brian! I do like the X cut as well. I have a 28” loop on the 395 and a 14” loop on the 334T. The chain rips.

Glad you could get your hands on one of the last 395s. A dealer around here said they couldn’t get more and that was a couple months ago.

My favorite saw as well, Brian! I do like the X cut as well. I have a 28” loop on the 395 and a 14” loop on the 334T. The chain rips.

Glad you could get your hands on one of the last 395s. A dealer around here said they couldn’t get more and that was a couple months ago.

Back