O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I usually run stiff wire like lines, km3 or HTP…I used blaze for a long time. I been borrowing someone’s Fly 11mm on Maui and kinda liked it.
it’s way more malleable, super light and someone told me it’s the best rope for the runner pro so yeah. I like 11 mm…

Ordered this for myself for Christmas. It’s a lot thinner than I would have imagined so I was initially unimpressed for the money. Now I’m officially converted to it and the brand. I love this thing. Still not the warmest to stand around and bull shit in, but once you’re moving it warms up nicely. Wind proof is probably what sets it above my arborwear double thick sweatshirt. Also tested out its water resistance today while I was outside in the rain. I stayed dry and when I took it off the water shook off like it does with my rain gear. Also has the oversize hood to accommodate wearing a helmet.

Went out for firewood, and it was like jul came around for one more shot! I'm posting here cause I think it all qualifies as "gear". The salmiakki from @stig is for getting your head right to get into a tree with a running saw :^D

IMG_20240122_163649482.jpg

Stig sent me the salmiakki after the first shipment went AWOL. I was gonna wait to try it cause I just put in licorice snus, but said "screw it", and gave it a go. Not something I'd want to drink a lot of at one time, but it's quite good. Liquid candy, both literally, and figuratively. Sweet and viscous, with lots of salmiak flavor. Very nice.

@CurSedVoyce sent me some rope to go with my micropulley MA system. It's nicer than the 3strand I setup. It'll work more smoothly in the pulleys, with less loss due to friction. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Finally, 8 cheapie 12kn biners from amazon. I got those for free shipping, but also for light rigging or speedlining where you want something kind of strong, but it doesn't have to hold the world.

Thanks a lot Stephen and Stig! You guys, and the Treehouse generally are f'n awesome!

So it worked on the second try.
Bet you that was because I didn't write schnaps on the costums label.
Some postal worker drank the first.

@Mellow what's the weight capacity on top of all that stuff? I've been thinking about a solution like this, but I haul all my water in 55gal drums. That's about a ton on top of that thing. A ton of dynamic weight.

What say you friend? Is it rated for such?

You can also build a deck above them too. Many companies here run those in the laborer foreman trucks, and they build a wooden deck above it leaving about 6" in between the pack rat box (what they call them) and that's where all their shovels, tripods, story poles, etc go. Then the wood deck is used as the bed, sturdy enough to load stuff like crazy. They universally run the big side boxes, which combined with the heavy custom ladder rack holds everything in.

Last edited:
I got that much cause it's so cheap($321 shipped with coupon). My immediate desire was 200' for light rigging, but I feel that with it's low price, light weight, and low bulk, I'll find a lot of other uses for it, and it's right there to grab as needed.
You don't need to justify yourself! You made an executive decision based on your use cases.

Back