O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Thanks. I'm anxious to try them out. Read lots of raves about the advantages of rings over blocks....we'll see....

Yeah nice treesmith. Lots of advantages to rings I would agree with but they don't replace blocks in all situations.

Back to M18 tools for just a bit, I was feeling like maybe I need to get the latest model highest torqueing 1/2 torque wrench just in case I'm missing out on something with 300 lbs less torque. (I haven't even used mine that much.) But after watching this vid I think I'm probably fine with my year old wrench. If it ever doesn't do the job for something I can get the newer one.

https://youtu.be/RSRU7QGDnsI

I'm really impressed with my original 2763. A friend has the 2767 and when installing new cutting edges on the snow plows he was breaking bolts. Since then, and a couple of storms later, I see there are three more broken bolts on one of the plows.

I got a good bit of gear these last two days....only thing not showing is the Wraptor I got yesterday...the Sena and other stuff came today.

Attachments

• t-stuff gear resized.jpg
    t-stuff gear resized.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 74
I"ll be mounting the bar and chain (24") to this 041 I was given by the Fire Chief when we recently did some work for him...kind of a "tip"...had half a tank of gas..has been sitting for "awhile" he said...cranked on 5-6th pull:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kJOlr62M-0c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New stuff is good, Gary.

Those old 041's are a real runner. You did good there. It'll pull like a demon with a 24 inch bar and full skip full chisel chain.

Thanks for the input...it should fill the gap between my 290 and 650. We used the new rigging rope (9/16 Sterling) already...did a dynamic belay on some big spar wood. I'll post a video in a bit.

Whew, been a while since we've had a post here. I had this delivered today, a Bandit ZT1844. 38hp with EFI, 100" long with the guard, and only 29" wide.

My first thoughts in no particular order:
Great perceived value.
It's pretty front heavy, but some counterweight/ballast will help with that.
Dang this thing is narrow!
The center of gravity is very low, roughly knee high on me, makes for the machine being very stable on side slopes.
A push blade under the back of the machine would be very practical ballast.
The drive speed is good.
The 44" swing is good. The 12" depth will probably be lacking from time to time, same with the 22" max height.
38 EFI HP beats the pants off the carbureted 35hp engine on the little Terex grinder I had.
Remote control would be a fantastic option/addition to the machine.
Lifting point(s) would be nice.

2018-04-24 11.06.58.jpg
2018-04-24 11.08.43.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 7.59.34 PM.jpg
2018-04-24 16.21.51.jpg

Last Friday or so I bought this trailer to go behind the hook lift truck I'm building. It's 20'+4', my first tridem single trailer, not a huge fan of singles but the price was right. My tractor on the trailer behind my F150 was a gag, the tractor is over 17klb.

2018-04-20 14.45.15.jpg

Haha not much tongue weight for sure. The trailer should be around 24klb, I bet with that little tongue weight the trailer would get to swaying at highway speeds. I can pull it behind the hook lift truck no problem, well once the build is finished.

I pulled the hoist off to install the tag axle, you can see the weld on mounts for the hoist bolted to the frame.
2018-04-19 18.14.47.jpg

Have those stump grinders improved on their grinding power? The couple that I've seen IRL were sorely lacking.

They’re not amazing power houses, but it can grind stumps and make good to great profit for the amount invested. Still 38hp is substantially better than the 25hp of yesteryear.

When looking at hooklift options I traveled through The Central Valley (of California) that's all prime agriculture ground. I saw lots of farmers in pickups and dual wheel F350's pulling tractors on trailers. Some of them looked like they would be heavier loads than that. It was odd, first time I've seen big equip moved by smaller vehicles.

I guess people are taking the 30K lb towing capacities seriously.

Back