O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Following on from what I just wrote.

Here in the UK we rarely have the opportunity to use a Boxxer due to a standard garden gate being 35" wide. It's very rare to have anything wider, therefore the Arb Trolley is made precisely for what we do here.
If I woke up tomorrow and garden gates were suddenly 4ft wide, I'd buy a Mini loader by 9am!

I threw together a new piece of gear, tried it out yesterday(on my birthday;)). Worked great! :D Look a little familiar.....? :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8850 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8850 - Copy.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8849 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8849 - Copy.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 76
Thanks, sad about the Ash dying though, not sure if it's EAB or something else.....? :?
(oops, didn't mention it in this post, I was climbing one of the large Ash in my back yard, a lot of dead wood.....):(

I finally did it...got a Hitch Hiker!! Thanks Paul!

I have had a go on the beams of the back porch, I made a little stiff loop on the HH with some small line and electrical tape, I have a keychain biner whipped on that to snap into a home-made chest harness for self tending, I have a right foot pantin and made up a prussik/foot loop out of some bee-line, a biner and two loop runners.

Thanks to all of you who have put up your pictures and videos, it has been invaluable information to get started!

Next I venture into one of the elms out in the nature strip outside my house for a higher test run.
Hopefully next week I'll be putting it to work on a proper job.

Fun! :)

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it. :thumbup:
One of the most versatile pieces of gear I have ever used. Opened up a whole new world of options for me with SRT. :D
Looking forward to hearing updates on your progress/success with it(and pics ;)). :)

I started with a 192t, bought Andy/ Sawinredneck's 200t, which was a great step up for removals. A couple years have passed and the 192T has gone to the great log yard in the sky. Recently, I bought a new 192t. I have to say I LOVE it for pruning and small removals. The difference in weight adds up during a day.
Less hp, but narrower kerf.

Shocked to find the MS 150t is about $130 more. I have a parts saw already. I bet 150t woulda been too little.

I'm going to start another HH thread I have some questions which I don't think have been asked/answered in other ones...head to the Climbing Forum for the dopey newby HH questions...>>>>>>

Time to swap out my rope bridge. I've been thinking about modding/upgrading my
Edge saddle with the Liger setup for a while now and finally made the investment. :)
Got the order from Tree Stuff this morning, also gonna build another lanyard(got ahold
of Petzel Grillon for a price I couldn't pass up:D). :thumbup:
(the Grillon "should" be here tomorrow)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8856 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8856 - Copy.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 90
I just broke down and bought a TreeMotion (the new version). I also got Meg a Arborwear Cambium Jacket. I have the hooded version and its awesome, a bit stiff out of the box but it wore in nicely.

For $60 (on sale from $120) you cant go wrong. They sold out of all the sizes except small already, so if you got a little lady or a kiddo in your life scoop one up before they are gone.
https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=196&item=1851

408610.jpg

Our dealer just gave us a 150t to demo. It is super light.

How do you like it so far? I looked at one at my dealer I love the size and weight but the price makes me think twice.

We only had it about a week while demo'ing it, but I liked it a lot. It is light weight and agile. It's niche is for pruning and if you do quite a bit it's a worthy choice.

We only had it about a week while demo'ing it, but I liked it a lot. It is light weight and agile. It's niche is for pruning and if you do quite a bit it's a worthy choice.

I hate carrying a chain saw when I prune. My Sugoi handles pretty much anything <4" on a climbing prune and unless I have to the 200/201s stay in the truck. If its a bucket prune I will take a chainsaw, or if I am deadwooding a spidered out pin oak or something, but for the most part I am a handsaw guy.

This 150 would have to be REALLY light for me to consider it at the current pricepoint.

Back