O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Nice Carl! You have quite the impressive line up of equipment!

On a side note I finally bought a gopro camera, where does everyone mount them on the Kask helmets? I tried it yesterday but all you saw was half my yellow hardhat!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373815626.469516.jpg

I posted this pic in the work pics but I thought I'd post it here too. My new to me 550. I bought this truck three days before Christmas for 5g. It's the 7.3 obviously with a ford re-man with 30k on it approaching 200k on the chassis. I put about another five into it redoing the deck and all mechanical issues. So for 10 I'm into a 550 that runs like new only with a better motor. Stoked on it really. Already mounted up a new plow in it too but obviously that's not included in my numbers.

My trailer in that pic is 12'. I needed the short wheel base 550 for plowing. And for up here the price was right. Came with lots of new stuff. 6 new tires, two month old batts, new wheel bearings. The guy had developed a couple of real common 7.3 issues and I think he was just tired of throwing money at it. I replaced the gpr and re did the fuel bowl and those two things solved all the mechanical/start issues. Whenever anything leaks on the topside of a 7.3 it runs down the valley and out the back by the starter and unless you know better everyone thinks rear main. But a rear main leaking in a 7.3 is super uncommon.

I got out of my 7.3 recently and saw fluid pouring out at the bellhousing onto the lawn. It was hot out and I was like "Fu#&!!!!! Wiped out my front tranny seal!!!" Turns out the o-ring on my fuel filter started leaking and was spewing fuel down the back of the motor.

I got 2nd place in the Aerial Rescue so I chose the pulley, and 7th place overall so I chose the throwline/weight. The saw strap was a giveaway from Bartlett Manufacturing and the Lanyard with aluminum3 way snap was a giveaway from ABR (all climbers got those).

Well done, Nick. Not what I would call free though, you worked for it even if it did feel like fun.

Hell, when they called my name I was in shock. I was in dead last at the Ohio TCC. I thought I did OK in the aerial rescue, but outscoring Kevin, Lucas, and all the others?? Only 3 points behind Cormac? I was surprised to say the least. Then when they were calling the top competitors it was Cormac Nagan, Kevin Bingham, Lucas Drew, Nick Markley and so on, then they say 7th place Nick Bonner... I wasnt really listening and I turn around like what????

Some household gear! Whirlpool Duets with steam in the washer and drier. 4.3/7.1 cubic feet I believe. The vacuum is a Dyson DC41.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374713267.231606.jpg

Back