Newest Terex Environmental Equipment Dealer!

Shouldn't the auto feed back the wood off the knives an inch so they don't burn up? Looks like a little puff of smoke at 2.14 from that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm pretty sure that's water vapor, but I can't swear to it. The reverse time was set for half a second.

Oh ok I thought I heard the wood on the knives while the auto feed was pausing, not sure.

Ah, 2:14 is the top of the pine... yeah, that's the knives hitting the butt as I'm working the feed bar to fold some limbs. At 1:45 it blew some vapor dragging the knives trying to get something in. If I think of it, I'll chip another similar tree, then shut it down and check the temperature of the knives.

Watching (and listing to) the video, I know it's not reversing in the video. I know the controller has a reverse function but one of the things the 720 is a manual control valve unlike the rest of the lineup with an electric valve and reversing autofeed. I'll have to check.

ETA, before I hit send. I checked the schematic and the 720 doesn't appear to have the plumbing to have reversing autofeed. I stand corrected!

Still have these available! For the money it's tough to beat!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UYODf0JaEGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back