New Tribe Traveling ONYX

I am getting close to buying a new saddle and only just reading this thread. Really bummed I missed the NT $70 discount earlier this month. Any idea if they extended this offer to us ?

I saw some place online had New Tribe on sale... Maybe Wesspur.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I see you're an electrical engineer? What is your connection with climbing?

Butch,

nice to meet you. I am not a professional arborist as many of you, but have an avid interest in learning new and different technologies. I have been rock climbing for about 5 years and started tree climbing a year ago because I thought it was interesting and the technology for it is elolving very rapidly right now. After reading about a dozen books on tree and rock climbing, there is still a lot to learn for me. I welcome hearing from others knowledge and expertise in my goal to become a better climber, and to learn more about the arborist field.

As a small segue, when hurricane sandy hit last year, I was mortified that the army corp of engineers hauled away a lot of beautiful hard woods and chipped them up for mulch and to burn. What a waste (I have a lot of photos from the 30' pile of whole trees waiting for their destruction in the chipper). So, I started collecting logs and milled some really nice spalted maple into boards. they are air-drying and I will attempt to make electric guitars from them in my spare time.

-Michael

Michael,

I am Gary...welcome to the House. Good info on your interest in tree climbing. About those pictures...you probably better post them. We have some very talented woodworkers in the House that would love to see your milled boards (me, too).

Best to you.

Michael,

I am Gary...welcome to the House. Good info on your interest in tree climbing. About those pictures...you probably better post them. We have some very talented woodworkers in the House that would love to see your milled boards (me, too).

Gary, here is a just a small sampling of photos:
_DSC5731.jpg _DSC5772.jpg _DSC5894.jpg _DSC5897.jpg _DSC5900.jpg

Most excellent way to introduce yourself to these guys at the House.

Those planks are beautiful. Wonderful pictures all...thanks.

I am thinking about buying the New Tribe Onyx harness that just came out. Can anyone comment on New Tribe Arborist harnesses versus the TreeMotion or Ergovation ? Comfort, durability, functionality ?

Thanks,
Michael

Good looking slab and boards! Welcome to the house!

So today I used it for the first time other than a hang at home to make any adjustments. I found today that it likes to roll me out more than I care too.
I want to make it support me a touch higher as if I relax at all I'm headed over backwards. I have let the legs out some and have a prune for thurs to put it to my test again.
One question for you Nick is the rope bridge in the forward holes on your plates or on the top with the fronts open?
Seemed odd that they are where they are imo.
More later;-)

I have the rope bridge in the middle holes. Top holes as an alternative clip in point.

I think if you adjust the strap going from the dee to the big hole on the rigging plate....make those straps shorter, that'll keep you more upright.

How is the bridge now?

love
nick

Dialed it in last night more and much better the little I climbed today. Slight pinch in the boys but let the back out some and had it real close!
I got a good abb workout the first go around for sure;)
Assume the web bridge moves a touch slower? I won't swap it out but think I would put a longer rope in for orientation sake. And in doing so would slow the ease of "rolling".
For limbwalking it's unparalleled to anything I've used and I have had no sore hips in the two times I have worn it:)
More to come!

Dude swap out the bridge! I'm sure you have a scrap you could use to make a longer bridge that you'd prefer! Only takes a few minutes

love
nick

Back