My first post retirement climbing instructor contract

Man, It's awesome that your hip is working a charm. Coolest pics I've seen in some time. I would love to have been there.

Willie: Is that Cannon in your avatar pic. a 51"? I just used one to fall a mondo Hazelnut stob, and I loved it. Man, I love milled bars.
No idea, I'd have to go look... I'm between shops at the moment, not sure where it's at

Sounds great! Where's the next one I can attend;)

That is something to ponder Burn. When everyone is freezing this winter, we could put something together down here. You figure out your fee, cost to get here and lodging for you and M, then, if there is enough interest, we will cover it. What say you, Treehousers?

Carl, you are going to have to hog tie MB, throw him in your trunk and get him down here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, I don't know Gigi. The level of experience in the House is so high, I'm pretty sure there is little I could teach to our members that wouldn't seem basic. But your offer is very generous, and I appreciate it.

Now if folks just want to hang around and listen to war stories...:/:

Not really :D.

I sure would be tempted...I remember Burnham showed me a way to use a prussic off of a figure 8 or some such when we did the redwood climbs at the West Coast GTG...a neat nuance on using an "8" that I had never heard of or considered...seems it was a backkup to simply using your grip/hand position for braking with an "8"...(I obviously need to review that little trick. :|: )

And some bonafide expert instruction in SRT would be WONDERFUL. I used the circulating package of SRT goodies from TreeStuff but would still love to see some tuned in setups in action.

And maybe some of us could get some snorkeling in, too...be a shame to be in the Keys and not get in the water.

I'd sure like for Burnham to bring his skill and knowledge across the Pacific, then he could also post more at the sushi thread. I look for opportunities to make it happen.

In lieu of your leave of service this new direction is ironically poetic, B. So glad to see you feel good enough to follow it through. Congratulations!

I've known a few others in their careers that, after retiring, went the same direction. It is good.

Back