MS201T

I wish i was able to pull the cover off of the air filter to see what it looked like under there but i didnt have time, i wonder if it will be a better filter, it seems like it is a bigger area for one.

On the weight issue, I have held both of those saws at the same time, one in each hand.

Maybe it is just because I'm an insensitive bastard, but I really couldn't feel any difference.

After all, it is only 300 grs heavier out of 3900 grs total.

That said, I went and bought the last T200 in the country. Not because of the weight issue, but because I doubt the efficiency of the stratified scavenge engine on a tophandle saw.

Stihl didn't set out to make a better T200, they were forced to change it because of environmental issues.
(And don't get me started on those, any of you guys who ride a V8 truck to work and then use an environmentally friendly saw:lol:)

That's right at 8 percent heavier, Stig. I'd have thought you, who argue so articulately for the advantages of using shorter bars so you don't have to carry extra weight all day, would find those numbers compelling.

You won't notice much if any difference just picking them up, no...but what about by the end of the day?

All saws are heavy at the end of the day. I like using the lightest saw I can get away with and in a top handle every microgram counts IMO.

You are right, Burnham, at day's end those 8% will feel like 80.

I was just surprised when I picked them up, that the difference could hardly be felt.

I just pulled a new 200t out of the box in my attic the other day. Eat your hearts out:D

I would like one in the box just to hold back in case. What was I thinking buying two bigger saws instead :D
Silly me will probably just buy a 201T and just try it out and run it anyway. Probably ain't gonna be as bad as we are all thinking anyway.

I've been missing the 200t I ran at work since I bought my Husky 338, so when I stopped in to pick up a new 460 I figured I might as well take their last 200t off the shelf...:)

Stihl 201T.jpg

Well, there she is. It will never be this clean again. Like the integrated bar nut, but don't like how it is a different size then the other bar nuts. Now I have to keep a different scrench around. Also, the spark arrester was pissing me off and I still haven't gotten it out. Wish I could buy patience sometimes. :)

I don't understand the advantage of those oil and gas caps? Just a screw in type that you can do with your fingers works fine, and doesn't get in the way. With all the complaints they still have to fancy pants it.

View attachment 35895

Well, there she is. It will never be this clean again. Like the integrated bar nut, but don't like how it is a different size then the other bar nuts. Now I have to keep a different scrench around. Also, the spark arrester was pissing me off and I still haven't gotten it out. Wish I could buy patience sometimes. :)
At least Stihl didn't change things ergonomics wise on this new 201T that much from what I can see. The handle trigger setup is still almost the same as the MS200 so the saw should still feel close to the older style model.
I like how they now have the master control switch protected from both sides with the bumps in the handle to help eliminate accidental shutoff. Something I have always found a problem with the MS200.

Back