Motorcycling.

He thought so, MB. He hadn't ridden a bike much before, but much seemed to enjoy it. Good to know, Wally, thanks.

Thats a nice bike Jay. My dad has the same one, they call it a V Star over here. First gear is taller on his V star than my bigger Road Star. My bike is heavier but easier to start off with.

Good bikes.

Those are some nice bikes you fellers have. Mine might fit the DS theme too. I ride on as much gravel as I do pavement!

Great pics Wally. I always enjoy them.

This electro-luminescent paint for bikes, helmets, cars etc, is going to save lots of folks' lives!

http://youtu.be/mH6oQbckCms

Would've saved me a few broken bones for sure in 78!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 69
I think those guys deserve congrats on their product. The luminescent paint that I know of, first you had to expose it to light before it glowed in the dark. Had a skull like that from Disneyland when a kid.

It's probably the most versatile bike I've ever owned. You definitely feel that big slug moving up and down though. For a big bike it handles the woods great. The seven gallon tank gets me over three hundred miles between fill ups too. I can't believe they quit making it without a dedicated replacement.

The adventure. That's a cool bike. Usually I see the 990s and 1190s..... but those are twins.

Single thumpers rule.

45775d3cde23664da7a2f279a6da7df3.jpg

I'd love to own a BMW 1200 GS Adventure for the road and back roads, but I think the twins are generally too big for the kinds of trail I like. With a Rekluse auto-clutch my 640 goes just about anywhere I point it.

Many bikes I'd love to own.

Lately a week ago I rode my first 2 stroke in the dirt at Carnegie....what a whip. YZ 125.

Now my wife wants me to buy her (thinking either xr 100 or crf85) and my 6 yo son (honda 50) each a bike for family camping adventure. ....pretty happy with that.

Here's something I thought was rad I stole off FB.

e9f388a2ab01b422ef571c47bfbbd6ef.jpg

That pic just makes me want my next bike even more. In the plan for this year is a dual sport, most likely a ktm 450. Basically a dirtbike with some lights and a second wheelset. The fun in the woods vs how fast I have to go really have fun on the street led to the ktm's over a DRZ or any of the street oriented super moto's. I want one bike to do it all, jack of all trades, but it has to come close to mastering at least one. ..

My buddy Mike!

Cancer chopped off half of one leg, but you'd never know it! :beer:

Attachments

• Mike-Mirchell_GoldWing.jpg
    Mike-Mirchell_GoldWing.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 48
Back