Morbark Chipper Won't Start

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's nothing amazing in that video except we just kept pushing brush In and it it just kept disappearing. Not one limb at a time, and not the person behind them waiting 10 seconds for the brush to go through....just kept going away.

Treebilly I know where you can get a used one with 200 hours. Text me if you want details. It's in Northern California. It's $30,000

love
nick

I always thought the weak point of the 90 was Disc tended to drive all work hard into lower corner of infeed resulting in occasionally clogging. Drum w straight alignment to work , now yer talkin' Bandit !

I've ran a 990xp, 12 inch drum is a nice size! Can stuff it, but small enough to tow around with a cab over... You will be stoked, congrats!

So the 990 is a 12 inch machine? I've used a 1290 when they first came out and that was a 12". Has this 990 replaced the 1290 or is in addition too?

Nick, who is the woman in the green shirt with the Nevada Conservation Corps shirt? I wonder if I know her, from way back, by chance. Its been 9 years since I worked there, about 2003-2006.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, let me see if I can answer all of these questions.

First, it's officially a 9 inch machine. However it has greater than a 12 inch opening. It can handle a 12 inch log, however if you're chipping 12 inch logs all day long this machine would be too small and you should step it up to something bigger. That makes it basically perfect for us, 12 inch logs are rare for us as we tend to do pruning 29 days out of the month.

The green shirt lady is Sam. I think she works for the Nevada conservation Corps just last year or the year before. I bet you do not know her.

You're right, we didn't have logged big enough to activate the auto feed, other than a few brief moments with some of them, but you barely notice it. However on the bandit YouTube channel you can see videos of this machine operating with bigger wood and it shows the auto feed very well. It works the way you'd expect it to

And a dusty mess is because it was dry wood from the Eucalyptus. The tree had not been pruned for approximately 20 years. That would was bone dry, but rockhard!

love
nick

Small world though, how she and I both know someone, or many, at Nevada Conservation Corps/ Great Basin Institute, and she works for you.

NCC is where I got my initial, formal chainsaw/ felling/ cutting training. That's after the training of "keep it away from your leg, and try not to get it stuck in the cut".

So the 990 is a 12 inch machine? I've used a 1290 when they first came out and that was a 12". Has this 990 replaced the 1290 or is in addition too?
The 990 is a legit 12 inch machine. They switched all the numbers a couple years back. 990 is 12", 1390 is 15", 1590 is 18" if I recall... We've fed a 990 with a mini ex and winch, I was impressed that it would suck down whole Juniper/Pine trees without complaint. I can't recall the motor, but it was 100+hp diesel.
Either way, congrats Nick! I'm envious and would love to get my hands on a 990.

Whats the new machine got for an engine and hp?

I've had pretty good luck with Cats, though I have a Perkins now that is wowing me- good running, good power, dependable, and crazy good on fuel. Just saying, if you have an option, you could consider perkins too.

Isn't Perkins and Cat one in the same... Perkapillar? I've got a perkins in my 150xp and its solid, though parts can put a hurt on... Goes for any diesel motor I guess!

I think Cat owns perkins but they are different engines. Not positive though

No guru here either, but I sure do appreciate them.

Back