Morbark Chipper Won't Start

Jim, I'm reading intently. Wish I knew which button to push on the computer to save all that insight incase I need it some day.

Nick, I think I remember you being treated differently by Morbark when they knew you were posting here too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was that 3000 rpm I saw? Every diesel I've run maxed out at 2200-2300 rpm. That is a morbark issue in my mind. I think I said it before that every time we had a problem our dealer would pass it off as a Cat problem. The Cat dealer would get it and say it was morbark issue. Boss went all Vermeer after that.

Called the local Vermeer dealer and they said the same thing. They fix the chipper. Engine dealer fixes the engine.

love
nick

Nick, is it possible to just disconnect the auto feed?
And see if it bogs down chipping a lil limb like the one in the newest video.
I'm thinking the auto feed is the issue here if knives / anvil / and engine are all up to snuff.

That is how my vermeer bc935 is...autofeed disconnected. We monitor feed rate for larger wood to keep rpm up.

I would compare what market value is vs. what Morbark will offer you for it. It might be worth fixing it and selling it on your own, usually dealerships don't give full price.

Jim that was definitely an interesting post, lots of good trouble shooting ideas together with how and why they work. Good post.

I would compare what market value is vs. what Morbark will offer you for it. It might be worth fixing it and selling it on your own, usually dealerships don't give full price.

The bandit dealer offered me $12,000 OR I could sell it on consignment. They said if I'm willing to wait a month or two they think I can get $17,000 for it, from which they don't take a cut IF I buy a bandit. It royally sucks to basically lose 10-15,000 bucks on this machine, but at this rate it is costing me about $1,500 a week to keep it...sooo......

I doubt it. In California the lemon law is only in effect when the car is still under warranty. I got the machine in the beginning of 2013 and even though it barely has 300 hours on it, its well out of warranty.

At this point I'd be happy lighting it on fire and driving it off a really high, steep cliff.

17 seems a little low, 12 is just a joke! There's a 2013 on machinerytrader.com that i selling for 25. I would get it fixed, run it for a bit to make sure it goes ok, clean it up, then post it right beside that one for like 23k.

Buying new and selling shortly after is never a good «return» on investment, like buying or leasing a new car. As soon as you drive it off the lot you lose so much value.

If it's an autofeed problem it shouldn't cost a fortune to fix. I would run it for a while and look for a almost new machine that fits your needs but has lost that initial value.

There's a Vermeer 900xl for sale around here, 3 hours on it, worth 26 CAD new. It's a repo, asking 21k OBO, would cost you 16K USD.

http://www.lespac.com/montreal/outi...3UzMzNjg2Mzg3UzMzNjU3MTIwJmQ9MA&requester=SCH

17 seems a little low, 12 is just a joke! There's a 2013 on machinerytrader.com that i selling for 25. I would get it fixed, run it for a bit to make sure it goes ok, clean it up, then post it right beside that one for like 23k.

In all fairness, that one is a brand new machine. Of course it's going to sell for $25K.

http://m.machinerytrader.com/ListingDetail/Index?industryName=MAT&listingId=9733617&categoryId=31443

love
nick

Back