mini wheel loader advantage ?

darkstar,
You know the guy doing all the complaining about Gehls is ASD. He complains and puts down everything he does not have. He and his brother lxt, all put down the spiderlifts when neither one have even operated and I doubt even had seen one in person at the time. I ignore both of those guys opinions and comments.

Both dtw902 and lumberjack have operated my Gehl on wet grass. You can ask them for an honest opinion on its performance in moving brush and logs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you use on the front of the machine for grabbing logs and or brush?
Never mind i saw the pictures.
The BM

Im sold been looking all day actually found a brand new one but it comes with all the attachements and trailer ugg very very pricey at 28,000

The plastic sheets are big bucks, but they hold up and are somewhat easier to handle then plywood. I've plywooded a lot of trucks in and out of yards. We usually brought a one ton along just for plywood and tools. One job we laid waste to 60 sheets of plywood.:O

Plywood will last a long time. But if you don't take care in laying it properly it gets cracked and lord forbid you try to drop chuncks on it. Not every chunk is going to land in ideal lays.

12 pieces lasts me about 2 years if I take it out of the truck and tarp it when not in use. We don't pad in that much.

Bivy has those track mats I believe, they are spendy, but if you buy one a month till you get a collection then you are set.

Yup, junk, destroyed, firewood! That was with the two wheel drive spades. Then we got rid of them and got 4x4's, one with a big winch. My feeling is that if you're going to rut the hell out of the lawn anyway, might as well just figure a lawn repair into the bid, or have an understanding with the client that they can have their landscaper fix it. When planting trees, we usually had the L35 TLB and topsoil, so fixing our way out wasn't too big a deal. Golf courses on the other hand, lot's of wood flippin':(

We move tree's with no lawn damage. No one wants to see thier lawn destroyed.

When I see what you guys go through on lawns.. I am so grateful lawns are few and far between up here. I think I have only had three lawns to work over this year.. Even near most houses up here is natural grasses and no lawns.

I have a 2000 gehl al20 and it is amazing how much it can lift for a little machine. It does very well on grass. It does not have that much traction on bigger hills. It has a kubota diesel engine. Keep your eyes on for auctions . I picked mine up for $6200 with two hundred ninety four hours on it a year ago at a used construction equipment auction.

It all depends on the terrain. We planted a lot of trees in fields, sometimes several hundred yards from hard roads. Some lawns are worth the effort, some, are just too wet, and regrading and seeding is cheaper than fussing around to save some ratty grass. You just have to figure out which is cheaper in the long run. Problem is, spring and fall are the best times for transplanting, and also the wettest. Locations can be weird too, sometimes you probably shouldn't even be driving a 30 ton truck in these places.:roll:

I hate lawns. For forwarding with a machine I was try to minimize turf damage. But I try to make it clear, when we remove LARGE trees surrounded by golf course lawns, THERE WILL BE TURF DAMAGE. Usually a few dents, dings and divots even a crater or 2. Most damage occurs from dropping out chunks and tipping over the spar.

I advise my clients there may be turf damage and have them sign off on it. They are usually ok with it and I rarely have damage. However.. they do respect my honesty. That goes a long way.

I have a 2000 gehl al20 and it is amazing how much it can lift for a little machine. It does very well on grass. It does not have that much traction on bigger hills. It has a kubota diesel engine. Keep your eyes on for auctions . I picked mine up for $6200 with two hundred ninety four hours on it a year ago at a used construction equipment auction.

Thats a great find. Just a bit less than our lawn skidder.

Attachments

• 001s.jpg
    001s.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 13
What is that machine devil dog ?
How much it cost ?
I went ahead and bought a used gehl aldx

Back