Meat filling?

Not sure if McD's burgers in the UK are different, but heres what they had to say on the subject -

I've heard that meat for your burger is made up of cows brains, testicals and penis. Can you confirm this is 100% true?
No, McDonald's can't confirm this as true, because it isn't. All McDonald's hamburgers are made of beef. Nothing else just 100 percent beef, made from whole cuts of forequarter and flank (similar to the mince you'd buy in the supermarket). All that's added is a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking. (September 2009)

I dont eat them personally, because I find all that kind of food way too fatty for me

The grocery store had frozen chicken nuggets on sale last week, buy one get one free. They were Tyson, a leading national brand, so I bought them. The meat is real chicken, but maybe it's something in the breading that gives me a raging headache both times I've had them for dinner. Anyway, I have a bag and a third of frozen chicken nuggets if anybody wants them. ::?

Its brain freeze, try cooking them first :lol:

Interesting play on words: "Made from 100 percent real beef".

My truck is made of 100 percent real metal- but the whole truck isn't metal, is it? :/:

Nope. I just don't buy their rhetoric. Plywood is made from 100 percent real wood; and that, to me, is about what McDonald's food tastes like. Alright if you're pressed for time, but I don't prefer their crap, either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Generally speaking I think the easier, more processed and more prepared for you food is, the less good it is for you.

RJS, re: Tyson foods, try watching Food Inc to get a perspective from the (few that they interviewed) chicken farmers side, the really interesting part was a higher up in the chain supervisor saying how Tyson had something like 80% of the market and he expected it to be 100% in the near future, all said in an almost diabolical way.

And I still eat fast food once in a while, I just ration my intake more than I used too, having more knowledge of the system and the products it produces.

for the rhetoric part, I understand what you are saying Eric but from this image off the Canadian Mcdonalds site, I don't think their statement is an attempt to misconstrue. When the company (IE Taco Bell) doesnt discuss their ingredients, it makes me more nervouser.

Attachments

• McChokes.jpg
    McChokes.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 7
I didnt look at the US site, not sure how they word their info.

The ladies that work at the place where I go to get a Big Mac sometimes, are real nice. I don't think that they would want to poison me.

This summer when its grilling season, I am going to buy a hunk of cow (chuck? roast? suggestions?), grind it myself and make my own burgers, the old fashioned way. :) And FWIW, my momma used to use egg and breadcrumbs (the kind you get when you keep the last stale slice of bread and once every few weeks shove them into a blender to powderify them) in her burger patties when we were kids.

The other treat I want to try and make, MB's infamous Scotch Eggs. ;)
scotch-egg.jpg

LOL
Sorry boss, I can't make them now as my wife wont let me, I mean, we dont like to , use our electric deep fryer in the house, it makes the place stink of oil for days. I will have to use it outside, which I am not about to do in January.

The grocery store had frozen chicken nuggets on sale last week, buy one get one free. They were Tyson, a leading national brand, so I bought them. The meat is real chicken, but maybe it's something in the breading that gives me a raging headache both times I've had them for dinner. Anyway, I have a bag and a third of frozen chicken nuggets if anybody wants them. ::?

Isn't Bill close to you.

Just one? I'd need at least three!

I've never ate a food in my life that gave me a headache. That's about like getting hit in the head and then getting hungry - it don't make cents.

LOL
Sorry boss, I can't make them now as my wife wont let me, I mean, we dont like to , use our electric deep fryer in the house, it makes the place stink of oil for days. I will have to use it outside, which I am not about to do in January.

Clean oil shouldn't really smell unless you burn it, but it does if you use it again and it gets old.. My wife makes tempura all the time, and I don't much notice a smell.

Jay, we use canola oil in the fryer, it has a lid and a 'filter' but the smell of oil still seems to linger, not the acrid burnt smell, just a noticeable odour. Normally we dont reuse the oil but maybe the last time it wasnt its first run, might account for the smell.

MSG is in just about everything, lordy.

Maybe in most prepared foods, no MSG in any of our veggies, fruit, raw meats or such. :)

Back