Machine storage

I have tried running the klotz, and in all honesty, the smell certainly gets your chest swelled up, but trying to run it everyday i couldn't take the smell. I've run it and swithed back to normal mix and still smell the klotz 3 to 4 tanks later

one other issue with the klotz is the red color is hard to tell if mixed with gas. I like the distint color of mixed gas. I

but trying to run it everyday i couldn't take the smell. I've run it and swithed back to normal mix and still smell the klotz 3 to 4 tanks later

True. I cant stand the smell in my weedeaters after awhile and when cutting head high cuts. I think the smell helped in making me sick one day in 90 degree cutting one day.

But otherwise I love the smell when not irritating me. Make sense of that eh :lol::lol:

one other issue with the klotz is the red color is hard to tell if mixed with gas. I like the distint color of mixed gas. I

I wonder if that scent stuff you can add would change the color? Like root-beer or something smell type.

pints, quarts, gallons, barrels.

Comes in qts and pints. I couldnt just locate a pint for you in the 100% synthetic original, but found pints in the super which is 80% synthetic and 20% castor bean oil. Be warned shipping is high.

If you just want a qt of original, pay my cost, plus shipping.

The Stihl synthetic is very difficult to see when it's mixed as well. IMO the red or green oils are easier to see. The blue Stihl oil should show up, but it's more brown once mixed. I solve that problem by never putting plain gas on the truck and making sure I put the oil in the gas can before heading off to the gas station.

Anybody ever try Amsoil? My bud was a dealer back in the late 70's early 80's. We used to run it in our 2 stroke bikes and chain saws. We never had any problems, but I seem to remember some mention of unhappiness not to long ago. There used to be one formula for 2 stroke.

Isnt gas yellowish. Least I thought the last mower gas was. Is 87 89 91 93 all the same color?

The only problem with Amsoil is the 100-1 mix recommendation on the label. I ran it for a year at 50-1 (because my Stihl dealer didn't have the Stihl Ultra) and the saws ran very well on it.

The color of gasoline is just whatever color of dye they use .

Last gas I got sort of reminded me of that mac yellow :\: ;). I never realized how different that mac yellow was till I set it beside the Poulan 405 325 yellow and Partner 500 5000 550 yellow and Pioneer yellow.

Now one thing I can say about the Klotz, which we run between 20:1 and 32:1 , on the saws that we have that are turned up there is a glaze of oil in the crankcase, cyl wall, and top of piston. There is no carbon build up or discoloration in the exhaust port. Just peaking around every so often to see how things are holding up. I've tried some amsoil mixes and cant really comment that it's better than any other brand I've tried. I've read where people run 70:1 mixes with no issues. I'm not brave enough to try it! The Klotz does have that racey smell, reminds me of going to the dragstrip and smelling Cam2.

Running premixed alkylate fuel in all my 2-strokes, I don't have any of those problems.
Don't have to worry about draining fueltanks before storing saws and weedeaters, either.

But I do have to pay a fortune pr gallon, though!

We ran the Amsoil at the recommended 100 to 1. Bud had a 175 Yamaha he bought brand new and pounded the snot out of it with Amsoil. Then he bought a Yamaha 460 and beat that. Kind of scary to mix it that lean, but it did the trick. Heck, they used to mix at 16 to 1 at one time.

Back