Left-handed triggering?

I appreciate your concern, but I am competent and safe. I might not know all the specific terms, and I was just wanting an explanation, not someone to tell me I was not properly trained. I work hard, stay safe and provide for myself by working with trees. I am constantly researching new gear and techniques. I'm sorry to say it, but that hit home in a bad way. Try and be more considerate or offer some sort of help. Thanks you woodworkingboy for actually offering up an explanation. Why do you think I am on this forum in the first place if not because I am doing my best to stay informed?

Right, thanks. I read it and interpreted it too hastily. It just seemed like a abrupt judgement of my safety/skill level because I wasn't registering what the term meant that was being discussed. I know most people on here mean the best and are really great...as the Ents would have us know, being hasty is no way to be. I have dealt with 'side bind', just didn't know what it was called specifically at the time. It has been an issuer of knowing where the pressure was and how to safely release it and be out of the potential impact zone. And being a younger worker I don't do anything I feel uncomfortable with or judge as dangerous without being shown how. I also do residential tree work so I'm not really going off into the woods wielding a chainsaw anyhow. And if so, I'm not doing it by myself. :) Sorry about getting defensive, I just try and be an active learner and am always trying to be safer, and I guess I felt that come under attack. But having worked for a little over 2 years, I haven't seen everything, not even close. And that's also good to remember.

Sorry to be so late in getting back to this thread, been on walkabout to the Canadian Rockies for three weeks or so...which is also the reason my initial reply to you was so brief, as we were in the final throes of packing to leave. I apologize for that, it's not my usual way, and I regret that it seemed rudely abrupt. Jay and others did a wonderful job of filling in the huge gaps I left, which I appreciate.

And I also appreciate your generous reassessment of my post and intent. Thanks for that, and I look forward to better communications in the future.

Back