least exertive self propelled rope climbing system

Srt rope walker with a chest roller, I would suspect. I've never use a chest roller or chest harness with micropulley. Don't know if you could use it with a hitch hiker or other srt device, at least with a lanyard over the shoulder rope tender. Perhaps an elastic strap to your hand from both the floating/ 'knee' ascender and an elastic strap to your HH.

The chest roller, if I'm not mistaken, will do the most to relieve your hands.

Wraptor will pay for itself. I'm looking at getting mine soon. I've demo'ed one for residential use, and worked for the State Parks, where I convinced them to buy one. Money well spent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
With the work that I do it would only pay for itself thru longetivity of me working. . I don't really do bids so there is no way to get the cost back.

I don't see how? Geko's sound like great spurs but are aparantly too lightly built for the 280 lbs I weigh all saddled up with a small saw on. Then it is common to have to bend over and pick up limbs that got hung up on other limbs with all the weight basically on 1 spur. . I wouldn't have the confidence to use them. . And I doubt they would be anymore comfortable than my Kline spurs with the Big Buck pads.

Don't see how that relates to rope climbing.

I have no idea. But they are pretty bold in their advertising of the Max weight of the user being 240 lbs. I don't see any other companies warning in that way

Cold Logging, hello. Won’t derail the beginning focus of your thread but, if you want to be done with carpal tunnel or any other body/muscle issues and were willing to do some exercises/movements to accomplish that, it can happen in a very short period of time.

I do the rotator cuff exercises. They help some but its cumulative. The more I squeeze and pull, the number my hands get. One reason I've gotten into this rope tree work climbing isn't to protect trees from my spurs. It just a whole lots less work on my hands repelling out of a tree with the HH than coming all the way down with just my spurs and flip line. If I can get going up rope figured out where it doesn't makemy hands go numb on a larger tree that only needs a few limbs cut off it will extend my work.

Srt rope walker with a chest roller, I would suspect. I've never use a chest roller or chest harness with micropulley. Don't know if you could use it with a hitch hiker or other srt device, at least with a lanyard over the shoulder rope tender. Perhaps an elastic strap to your hand from both the floating/ 'knee' ascender and an elastic strap to your HH.

The chest roller, if I'm not mistaken, will do the most to relieve your hands.

OK. I'll research this . I will be using the HH with a tether to a chest harness. I was impressed with the knee ascender vid where he had his hands off the rope as he was going up. I have lots of really limby spruce to side trim and that looked like a good system to use to navigate thru the limbs.
Thank you.

I haven't used it yet, but the HAAS does look very easy on the upper body.
Welcome to the House by the way, I'm Bud.

Hi Bud ; I'm Glen. Ya, I like it over here . But I'm a timber beast fromSoutheast Alaska that thot he'd never be climbing once I went from tower loggin to full time single jackin. Then the pulp mills shut down and went away so I had to revive some of the things I used to do and learn new things. .
But. I'm still killin trees for fun and profit so life isn't bad.

Glen.. A rope walker set up with a chest harness/roller is the way to go.
If you still need a handled ascender to hold the rope with, I like the CMI double handled ascender. Large handles are easy on the hands.

On the Wraptor note.. It will still pay for itself as it will extend your tree climbing lifetime by allowing you to do it longer into your career. Seriously.

Well. My home made knee ascender worked. , not the greatest but it worked. I need to fix my tether so it works right and get my chest harness adjusted right. . A lot of my problem I have is the trees I'm climbing. They are really furry with limbs so my climbing line is always rendering over a bunch of them and I can only get it within 6' of the bole of the tree. I also found the Nano Swivel didn't work very well with the hh. So I clipped it into one of the rings I got. The CMI foot ascender works well.

If you are bounce testing your TIP with two people, it should hold you, and a theoretical rescuer, too. Did you say spruce? Strong wooded, flexible trees, no?

I've been rope walking a lot lately. Are you using a clip-in loop for an over the shoulder lanyard HH tender?

I haven't got my chest/ over shoulder set right yet. I'm gonna need some time off to work on it as I'm on a different phase of the job now and not climbing for a while.

I'm going to look into a chest harness that will have a pulley, and can have an elastic strap HH tender. Sometimes I like to have my lanyard available during ascent, like to saw a quick limb or stubs without taking off my lanyard from tending position to work position to tending position.

Back