Knots...

Wudup guys, i feel like making a post so here we go..

I can tie the following like its nothing

Figure Eight
Bowline
Running Bowline
Alpine Butterfly
Barrel Knot
Fishermans
Prusik
Klemheist
Blake's Hitch
Clove Hitch
Anchor Hitch
Valdotain Tresse

Are there any others an excellent groundman should know? Or am I pretty much set on knots(mostly)?

Hope your boss appreciated this, and pays you for it.

Wudup guys, i feel like making a post so here we go..

I can tie the following like its nothing

Figure Eight
Bowline
Running Bowline
Alpine Butterfly
Barrel Knot
Fishermans
Prusik
Klemheist
Blake's Hitch
Clove Hitch
Anchor Hitch
Valdotain Tresse

Are there any others an excellent groundman should know? Or am I pretty much set on knots(mostly)?

Maybe the cow hitch, which I've used recently to secure a limb lowering device to a tree. I've seen videos of a guy who uses it to tie up an impact block on a stem, just below the cut. It's possible to tie it up tight so the block doesn't drop much.

I like it, and it's fairly easy to keep things nice and tight as you're tying it. Just my two cents.

Tim

Way The Far off... or WTF off.

or WT? F-off. OK..back to knots.

I use a mooring hitch a lot for an "explosive" hitch, a quick release hitch that holds but will completely separate from the anchor with one pull...

This is a handy one.

I call it a slippery sheet Bend (sheet bend w/bite as last move instead of tail going through)

I use it because it is a "pull & disappear" knot that doesn't need to be untied and saves me time and frustration when up in the tree.

I do it a bit different but same result.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Dd8ctDW2WAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha, I lucked out with the name. Cool you found a video of it.

Didn't know anyone else used it, as I just figured it out on my own one day while playing with rope.

Pile hitch, cow hitch, and alpine butterfly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back