Insect and bites

Right, Peter. I see that. Thanks for clarifying.

I like steel, but will use aluminum if it doesn't load the biner improperly. If it is too small of trunk, resulting in biner tweaking, I'll use a RB, and clip the biner to lock the tail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In a perfect world I will have the time to do a seminar on the proper use of gear and technic. I am by my self, do not have any one to handle the needs of the job on the ground , one more anchor dose not affect anything having to go up and down. In the other hand, it will keep me from dropping down. Why is this so traumatizing to you guys.
The Charlotte arborists association invite me to a chipper maintenance safety and usage . I go no idea how they got my email! They want it to know if I was going. I am planning to attend.

Ask lots of questions and remember dat shiet,I would totally spend few hours with you just to show ya few things,I don't see why it would be so hard to find someone to help ya a little bit. Just to show you the ropes somewhat

More than one of us have told you to get rid of the rollnlock ascender on your 20' lanyard safety tie-in.
You have a perfectly good friction hitch on it, you don't need the mechanical device as well, especially if the lanyard is used doubled over a branch and back to you.

You have lots of very nice gear, and some real enthusiasm. using this forum to help and complement your other on-line research, why not take our very real-world advice and follow it?
Nothing wrong with having excess bits of gear lying about, but use it properly!

In a perfect world I will have the time to do a seminar on the proper use of gear and technic. I am by my self, do not have any one to handle the needs of the job on the ground , one more anchor dose not affect anything having to go up and down. In the other hand, it will keep me from dropping down. Why is this so traumatizing to you guys.
The Charlotte arborists association invite me to a chipper maintenance safety and usage . I go no idea how they got my email! They want it to know if I was going. I am planning to attend.

Rather than a seminar you should try to make an informal arrangement with another tree crew-can you spare one day per week to work for another company? A small company would be best as the type of jobs will be most similar to what you will be tackling yourself. The knowledge you could gain this way will always serve you much better than books and internet etc. The chipper seminar could be a good opportunity to make the contacts.

That is not a bad point, I actually was consider to talk to o customer on my route, never did have the time, and wander if they will help a competitor. Well, sometimes opportunities come by and we mist them. Today I start a new route. Actually did have 2 guys on that route. No anymore! Maybe I go and ask now the I will no see then every day.

Really?

We agreed to train two climbers for one of the major companies here about 5 years ago.

They pass a lot of work to us when they are busy and I have had a real good working and personal relationship with the woman in charge for years.

So we figured there was nothing to lose by teaching their two top guys to climb modern.

We turned out to be right. It cemented the relationship even better than before, so they still call on us when they have more than they can handle.

Also it was fun, working with and on two guys who were really good, experienced, but totally old school climbers and totally into learning the new ways of doing stuff.

We had a good time. ( They paid extremely well, too, since their other option was to send those two guys to England :))

Jose can try and link up with some rec climbers at the very least... I would help you cause i just don't see it as competition at all. Two completely different levels,hell a totally different game at that.

Hay, I may take a trip to California, LOL, hay do you surf? I do! We cut combine fun and play. I wish, LOL, thanks for the offer. That was cool.
1452392523673-438867707.jpg

True be told, I always enjoy going to deliver to California. We even spend a week in San Jose. We when to the beach every day. Fact, would like to move there. Family settled on east coast. Is been told that California leaving is expensive. Public servants do get pay salary, and unless I am mistaken may pay will not be sufficient in California.

It's definitely one tough cookie out here...but that's just the way that bitch crumbled!
Its all i know really,so I guess im just numb to the fact.
It's a drag too cause tree work pay is pretty standard throughout the nation

Climbing skills, not harness user skills.

Balance, self-confidence, strength, confidence in safety gear, learning to use the least possible energy, etc.

I took my former neighbor (who was a former tree climber) rock climbing and I was absolutely AMAZED at what he could do, but he could not tie a figure 8 knot. Rock climbing will absolutely help your tree climbing. Being well versed in varied disciplines will help you be more comfortable in various situations and have more options when things get tricky.

Back