Insect and bites

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is that a go car engine? It got me thinking, go to talk to my lawnmower mechanic, he may have a engine. Will know how after I secure the engine. Thanks.

No way I'd do that stump for $120 without machinery.
Figure your labour costs, at LEAST one chain probably more (the dirt and rocks will destroy your chains)...$120 would be gone in a heartbeat.

I usually do trees to 'just above ground level' if the client wants stump removal as well, subcontract it or price it accordingly. If you don't have your own equipment, you're going to have to hire it...which includes sourcing it, time to go pick it up and return it, hire costs, and sometimes the machinery doesn't work properly, or is dull. All things to consider.

Painfully low. You have a heavy piece of green waste with no value that can't be used for anything. You're working in standing water, which means no saws-all recipicating saw (sp?).

You may have a taproot to deal with under all that. You want as much leverage to pull that stump as possible, like a 20' spar.

RopeShield has a very interesting stump pulling video.

This tree was to tick for my small Tanaka, did have ro cut 2.5 feet up the ground. About the dirt and rock, not a problem I dig the sand and clean rhe roots before each cut. I gor it to where the trwe roots split in to 3 large root 2 feet underground. Next time will do 3 cuts all root are clean do not rhink it will be any equipment loss ot damage. Still is a lot of work. Considering the conditions what would have been a fare price.

The wood is not a problem, I got a guy that have a outside water heater that heat with wood, hi will pick up all the wood for free. I do have 3 large roots under, but I preset for 3 cuts. Did took lot of time and effort. What you think, $200.00 it will give me a point of reference for next time.

What is the value to the homeowner and the value of your work? A dug out stump is better than ground-partway-down stump, if the property owner wants to plant grass/ shrubs/ trees.

Easier to handle stump grindings than a heavy, dirty, hard to cut stump.

What would it cost you, in total, to dispose of the stump, legally, at a green waste recycle (truck, fuel, driver's wages, profit...)?

No cost to me on desposal, just lavor, equipment no damage, $8.00 on fuel, $3.00 on additives about 10 hrs all together. $ ?.??

Jose, if you are gonna invest 10 hours screwing around with a stump, I think becoming an archaeologist might be a promising career for you.

Yep, I think they make a bit more than $1.20 an hour.:laughing6:

I've dug out a lot of stumps, don't think I've ever spent half that time on one. Cut them higher and pull them with your truck or a winch, or just forget it unless you can sub it to someone with a grinder. Not worth the effort.

Digging out stumps by hand will make an old man out of you Jose and is very hard on your saw. You may be better off subbing out the stumps to someone with a grinder until you are able to buy one if that's the direction you want to go.

Stumps hate large excavators. Kind of brutal to hear them plead and scream when you rip them out. The wonder of hydraulics.

Even with a back hoe and fire truck this was a LOT of work...skip to :40 for the pull. All the stumps after this were ground out (hired a stumper pro).

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/thOlOksb_tQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For that price, I wouldn't even grind that stump.
Unless it was part of a package deal with a lot of other stumps.
You'd do better to find some one to subcontract stumping for you.

10 hrs to get it out! $600 at the going rate...and who's going to pay that?

After the roots were cut the trunk leverage did make it easy. Next time I am going t try that with my jeep, it may work.

That much, whao! Well, as a point of consideration , I been doing it with no rush. Non the less, is not easy, subcontracting may have been better choice . I a looking on the cost of building a grinder .

You said you had 10 hrs. into it...times that by what you are worth per hour...do the math.

No-one would pay me $600 to get rid of one stump...

Back