In The News...

Indeed, it adds to the perfect storm of the supply chain. Our high fuel prices are not helping. Mandates. Some trucks won't even enter the state. Shortage of shipping containers world wide added fuel to the flames. As did Covid closures and restrictions. Not one thing lead to all of this supply chain issue. It was numerous ones that created the perfect conditions for it to happen. Meanwhile, the current administration places the blame on a growing economy leading to purchasing and lack of supply of goods. Lying sack of talking heads. China is having its own set of issues producing shit. Thus a lack of production.
I doubt if we buy USA products, it will be stuck on a ship in the Long Beach Harbor or San Francisco Bay. If we had kept our oil domestic, or fuel prices here in CA would not be at 5.00 per gallon. But then Gruesome Newsome helped that right along with more misappropriated tax monies. Now lets add record high inflation that is really just the tip of the iceberg beginning to show its ugly head. Then our government creates more fake money electronically and burns another few trillion dollars. I mean, great for our debt problem as since inflated money pays the debt more economically for us. However, you have to quit making more debt.
We are currently approaching where Greece was prior to basically going bankrupt. Good luck to US. Good luck to the world when we tank too. If you think the world economy won't be effected. You are greatly fooling yourself.
Welcome to the reset.

A better question might be: What fool picks up a gun, points it at someone, and pulls the trigger? Period. I don’t point unloaded guns at people. From what I read, he was just cutting up on set. Not actually filming at the moment.

Obviously, it was someone elses responsibility to check and hand him a prop gun and not a loaded/hot gun. If he actually believed in personal resposibility and was properly trained to handle a fire arm, he would have done a safety check himself. Besides the fact that you never point ANY gun at ANYTHING that you don't want to kill or destroy. ALL guns are to be considered loaded when handed to you or if you pick one up.

A better question might be: What fool picks up a gun, points it at someone, and pulls the trigger? Period. I don’t point unloaded guns at people. From what I read, he was just cutting up on set. Not actually filming at the moment.

Where did you read that? Here’s an account of the incident (posted earlier, but read the whole thing)

As for what fool picks up a gun points it at someone and pulls the trigger?
Actors in movies do.
You ever seen a western?

Last edited:
Nah, it won't be that bad. You'll only have to back to the two man electric saws, and a bank of lead acid batteries to power it :^P

Where did you read that? Here’s an account of the incident (posted earlier, but read the whole thing)

As for what fool picks up a gun points it at someone and pulls the trigger?
Actors in movies do.
You ever seen a western?
Camera angles and cut and splicing.
Toys are pointed toward the characters.
Blanks and live rounds are a no no.
They use the editing floor to add in the muzzle flash cut etc.
Less So in the old westerns. But when folks get hurt from even muzzle energy with blanks, you re think how to get the take. And gun safety of course. That can that gets shot off the post? Most the time, you will find, its a little powder charge wired under the can that makes it fly.
If they need live round shots, they call in well practiced and seasoned stunt doubles or pro shooters.
Now, Keanu Reeves Is a hell of a shooter. Most actors, not so much.
But each shot, move or edit is quite choreographed to splice together in the editing room.

What actually happened And the protocols of what should have happened are in direct conflict. If you actually knew the protocols of gun handling on the set and the fact that even the actor has a responsibility to check the weapon, train and familiarize with the weapon, you would see the problem.
I am not arguing how it went down. I am pointing out the flaws of how it went down, and misconceptions of how it is filmed for your viewing pleasure.
Tragic event that was perfectly avoidable should proper set and prop safety and firearm protocols and safety had been followed . Ive worked around the film industry for years. I am also familiar with the protocols. I am trying to enlighten.

Ultimately responsible in what way, legally, morally?
According to the reports there is an ‘armourer’ responsible for this sort of thing. A 24 year old on her first film.

The person who pulled the trigger is ultimately responsible. Having said that, it appears there were multiple failures in this case.

I hate to sound like a dick, but why is this even news still? There was a horrible accident involving something that resembles a gun but isn't, statistically she was more likely to die driving to work. It's a terrible situation, and would have likely been prevented with more experience and better safety, but so would tons of other stuff in the world. It's a workplace accident, they happen everyday and are a sad reality of life, and happen outside the film industry far more often and no one even cares.

There are actually two people responsible prior the the gun being placed in the actors hands. That does not relieve the actor of responsibility. All three are required to check the weapon. A lot more needs to be known about the situation. Did the directorque the firearm to be pointed in her direction, why did Alec comply, and did both the armour and assistant check the firearm when they signed for it, and before handing it to Alec?

Back