In The News...

Just remember, the Petrified National Forest was once a forest of ancient conifer. Mother earth and mother nature cracks on. Whether we puny humans can accept or adapt to change or not. She cracks on. Scientifically, it aint just one thing tbat causes global warming or an ice age. Just like it aint one thing that causes fire or fire to accelerate. Tough shit if you like it or not.

Whoever said it was one thing?

Who? You guys are really not following what I've been typing. I mention climate change as a factor in wildfire behaviour and y'all want to turn it into a debate of climate change is responsible for everything bad in the world. I mentioned it as one factor amongst many in modern wildfire behaviour. One, not the only one.

It's like a constant knee jerk emotional reaction around here anytime someone mentions climate change.

Climate change! Climate change! Climate change! It's happening whether you like to hear about it or not.

That's true. How many ice ages and hot periods has the earth experienced since it was formed? Sure, man's activity can possibly affect climate ever so slightly. But that's like saying dumping a glass of ice into a lake can affect the water temperature.

Well, Justin.

There would be land use requirements, management of Federal lands, zoning issues, endangered species laws, initial attack, govt contracts, air tanker contracts, cultural problems, less volunteerism, media hysteria, insurance fraud and policy, arson, make work fires, and many others.

The knee jerk reaction IS climate change.

How can you say that? The knee jerk reaction is climate change? No it's one aspect. And a growing one. To ignore it would be as silly as ignoring any of the other factors.

And thanks there others for tuning me in that climate change isn't a new thing. No sh-t batman. I never mentioned once man influenced climate change. All I did was mention a radio show that was very interesting if anyone took the eight or nine minutes to listen to the podcast in the article I linked about how climate change is affecting the fires we see burning around the globe today. It is a factor in the intensity of the forest fires that Stephen is experiencing as well as north up into BC. We are setting temperature records nearly daily and that is affecting fire behaviour and intensity on a local level. In the podcast they discuss lots of natural climate change. Again, how the arctic burning now coats the remaining ice with ash, which is black which greatly increases the melting rate because it absorbs light energy.

Anywho I'm out of this fiasco for now. As soon as the words climate change come up everyone wants to resort to the old man vs natural climate change debate. That was never my intent. Just wanted to share an interesting podcast I heard on the radio about how climate change is affecting fires, from right in a lot of members backyards to all over the globe.

Not grumpy. Frustrated.

It's like this. I was trying to share a interesting piece of news. And it seems everyone else wants to fight about climate change.

Orrr should i start this post with. 'Well Jim'. Like you did your last response to me?

Back to the news people. Climate change is the deadest of dead horses on this forum.

Climate change, some people’s position..

1: There is no climate change!

2: The climate change is natural, nothing to do with us.

3. What are you doing about it? Running your car around, hypocrite.

4: Who gives a frig anyway?

Dunno why you feel the need to split your posts into two seperate ones almost every time, Jim.

Anywho I'm out of this fiasco for now. As soon as the words climate change come up everyone wants to resort to the old man vs natural climate change debate. That was never my intent. Just wanted to share an interesting podcast I heard on the radio about how climate change is affecting fires, from right in a lot of members backyards to all over the globe.

Aw well some people just look and don't comment.

Been watching the fires in the news and what Stephen has posted, pretty bad stuff. Dry as a bone here and it's still winter so it looks like we'll cop it as well come summer.

Lot of burn off going on, I just hope they've let them do it down south in Victoria. They get the really bad ones down there, 2009 was really bad. Drought before them too.

This drought even made it to the New York Times, farmers are really hurting. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/world/australia/drought-farmers-new-south-wales.html

Back