In The News...

Pretty funny O'Steen poster Butch but the story was hater-propagated. there was only a very short time of floodwater assessment initially where they were afraid to put people in danger there, then they opened it up as soon as they could. Once someone started the fake news, haters, and people quick to judge, jump to the conclusion that they stepped in to help only to save face. Not true based on their MO, or the reality of the situation for that matter. The church has done more for the community there and that particular flood than probably anyone. And in previous floods. O'Steen has a target on his back by people who want to put down him and Christianity in general but yet Christian altruistic community aid accounts for the vast majority of dollars raised in the community nonprofits I have been affiliated with. And the O'Steen church is a mega heavy hitter in that department. Christian humans as screwed up as they are contribute more than anyone else.

aug

Pretty funny O'Steen poster Butch but the story was hater-propagated. there was only a very short time of floodwater assessment initially where they were afraid to put people in danger there, then they opened it up as soon as they could. Once someone started the fake news, haters, and people quick to judge, jump to the conclusion that they stepped in to help only to save face. Not true based on their MO, or the reality of the situation for that matter. The church has done more for the community there and that particular flood than probably anyone. And in previous floods. O'Steen has a target on his back by people who want to put down him and Christianity in general but yet Christian altruistic community aid accounts for the vast majority of dollars raised in the community nonprofits I have been affiliated with. And the O'Steen church is a mega heavy hitter in that department. Christian humans as screwed up as they are contribute more than anyone else.

aug

my understanding of Joels particular brand of christianity is that it is by nature NOT altruistic and if your successful its because god likes you and if your not its because your not right with God. The church has never been known for charitable giving of any kind. Never been the kind of christians that you find serving food at a soup kitchen.

I can't even keep up with all the fires up here anymore. I feel like I'm living in end of days or something. Thick smoke near constantly, ash all over everything. It's really growing old.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...peachland-b-c-grows-to-100-hectares-1.4273675

I feel for you man. Can't hardly breathe here either. Willy and August have to be suffering too.
We have one up by the Mariposa and Nelder groves of sequoia. We thought my parents might have to be evac, but fire went south of them. Even the Sheriff and deputies were cutting lines around homes, no nomex. They had a spot fire get away today, so more evacs.

I would argue with you Kevin but since you prefaced your post with, "My understanding. . ." I feel content agree to disagree with everything you said except the "my understanding" part ; )
I chuckled about the meme all day yesterday, but it's an unfair meme regardless.

aug

Back