I'm a Dealer Rep!

Mr. Rutherford just left the house here, after delivering a new Gehl AL140, BMG, bucket, forks and an extra attachment plate. Thanks, Carl! Pics to follow. Internet time is about used up currently. Might be a day or two before I get them posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
At the moment a Gehl Al140 2 post ROPS, tandem dual (front and rear axle) turf tires, block heater, dirt bucket, pallet forks, and a BMG from a forum member is around $32k at the dealership (still have to ship it to you).

Extrapolating from that, if you financed $32k at 5% for 5 years, that would be $604 a month, or $7248 per year. How many days a year do you budget on working? 40 weeks at 5 days a week would yield $36.24 per work day to own the Gehl 140. Insurance here costs ~$550/year.

If/when I ever get our Internet issues sorted out, I'll upload some pics. Right now we're nearly at our limit for upload, and at 73% on download, and I'm keeping the modem except for a few 15-minute intervals to check emails and such. The numbers are still climbing. Go figure!

No one is using his, but he has limited bandwidth as he is on satellite. Nearly all new plans have limits with overage charges. My apt's cable Internet is 50gb a month for 53 bucks. Last month I likely used 250gb as the bill was around $130. My Internet bill was higher than my power bill!

It might be a subtle distinction to some, but the Internet is free, access isn't.

:)

I'm making a substantial investment into video equipment to make videos promoting the offerings of my company as well as the equipment I sell (which caters to the work that I do). Based on that, are there any suggestions as to what people would like to see the machines/attachments doing? I have a large tree job coming up week after next (hopefully, slow city bureaucracy... was supposed to start by Sep. 30th) and am looking for ideas. The scope of the job is 72 trees to get down and clean up, 6 trees to flop and let lay, 41 stumps to grind and clean up, and 1 limb to cut off a tree. 37 of the trees/stumps are in one yard and those 37 get their holes cleaned out, filled with topsoil, and seeded.

I already intend to have time lapse of the job entirely from at least one angle per area. I'm also figuring on a helmet camera. Maybe a time lapse camera set up on the roll bar of the loader for some of the work. Right now I have 4 cameras (GoPro Hero 3 Black).

I'd like to see how those machines can deal with moving brush especially. Are there advantages over a mini backhoe with a grapple, for example.

Shouldn't have any trouble with that, all the debris stays on site, only a handful of trees have to be loaded into the trailer to be hauled to the dump area. The rest go straight there with the loader.

I would show the wheel loader driving a large tow behind stump grinder. Especially one of the smaller loaders, if thats doable.

As usual picking up gigantic pieces with relatively small machines is always impressive. Shoot from the ends of either the log>the unit or from the unit>the end of the log and that will increase the relative size!

I would like to see some video of the Gehl Gin pole in action. That has a lot of promise.

Going up to a LARGE messy brush pile (unapproachable in normal circumstances without a saw) and pulling the brush out and feeding it to a chipper would be cool to.

You should check out the Brinno TLC 200 Timelapse camera, Meg just got me one with some of the wedding gift cards, its great! $200 and it does dedicated 1080 timelapse, all the way down to 1 second interval (fast!). It saves to the SD a complete, complied timelapse which saves HOURS of editing over other methods. It has a small viewfinder and a movable lens with a tripod mount. Small and easy to use.

http://www.amazon.com/Brinno-TLC200...qid=1353548129&sr=8-2&keywords=brinno+tlc+200

It made that crane vid today! Without the wide angle lens which I dont have. No editing at all. Saved 3 hours minimum over using my other camera.

edit: I used youtube to cut the last 5 seconds off or whatnot.

I'll get some of the tow behind stumper, I have a few pics of it as well right now, but no video yet. Should have a job coming up soon. I'll have a hitch receiver for the bmg by then as well, so it'll work way better.

For me, editing will be required. I've bought a Mac laptop just for that. I needed a laptop to be able to download the cards on the job site, otherwise I would have went Mac Pro. (Retina, 2.7ghz, 16gb 1.6ghz ram, NVIDIA GT650M 1gb, 768gb ssd) I'll be adding a 6 or 8tb external drive and a ssd scratch drive via Thunderbolt.

The gopros have a built-in intervalometer at .5, 1, 2, 10, 30, and 60 seconds.

I don't have a chipper or a tow behind stump grinder, but I can likely get a video of the 540 moving my 20' gooseneck dump trailer.

I like the idea of the camera mounted on the log idea. We are selling the line logs from this job, hopefully 30-35 tons worth. The shortest the logs can be is 12'6" with a preference for 16'6". That might make for some decent nuggets although 30" diameter is the max.

The lashed gin pole looked pretty red necky, but I have kicked the idea of a jib attachment around. Not sure if this job will have an application for it, but maybe!

Excellent suggestions so far, keep the ideas coming in!

Nothing too exciting here. Some video I threw together from about a month after I got the Gehl. Mainly just messing around with Windows Movie Maker, first go at a movie with it. Some good sized cherry pieces, the Gehl made that normally 2 day job into a 1 day job, being able to move big wood and drag brush out from the undergrowth was awesome, such a labor and time saver.

I'm a lot faster with it now, I was still learning the little tricks with it at that point. Things are much smoother and faster now though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUTEofZWQ_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back