Husky T540 or Stihl 201T?

First the rear spring, then some over zealous pulling of a stuck saw caused the breaking of some AVs, then it dropped out of the tree because the ring that you're supposed to use for hanging it on your belt got used for main support (mea culpa on that one) then someone placed something on top of it, breaking the chain brake part where it connects to the engine housing, necessitating a new sump at a cost of over €400, I didn't get it fixed because that was too much.
Engine wise it was more than ok.
I'm not saying they're not brilliant performers, I also admit i may be a hairy arsed baboon. But it all got a bit much.

Yeah Mick, I have to admit that my old 200T fell out of the tree a few times in the past and still ran. I don't want to say that I'll have to wait and see on the Husky because I sure as heck don't want to be dropping anymore saws, ha-ha.

I'll also be keeping an eye on that lanyard ring. It really doesn't look that rugged compared to the Stihl's ring.

First the rear spring, then some over zealous pulling of a stuck saw caused the breaking of some AVs, then it dropped out of the tree because the ring that you're supposed to use for hanging it on your belt got used for main support (mea culpa on that one) then someone placed something on top of it, breaking the chain brake part where it connects to the engine housing, necessitating a new sump at a cost of over €400, I didn't get it fixed because that was too much.
Engine wise it was more than ok.
I'm not saying they're not brilliant performers, I also admit i may be a hairy arsed baboon. But it all got a bit much.
Mick, my friend, most of those breakages were preventable and seem to be more tied to human error.

True, but I've never paid as much for "breakages" for my stihl toppers in 20 years.

As I said a great saw but more fragile, someone less baboon like might never have a problem.

My Jonsered 2139 continues to rip like an animal. Going into its 4th season of full time use in the tree.

You want to say that in the French catalog Stihl-2015 has 201tc-m? )
Usually the new models come Stihl in St. Petersburg in september. Despite the absence in catalog.
It was the same with 150 t in 2012- https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?16288-Stihl-ms150-tc

P.S. It is interesting that after the introduction of retaliatory sanctions Russia by the European Union has already lost more than 40 billion EUR...

The new 201 t c m is in the spring flyer here, in Canada, for $ CAD 749.00. I am tempted and also have doubts regarding the ruggedness of the 540 t.

Ive had that tool on ignore for months, took him off for 2 posts, then right back to ignore. How can y'all stand him? He brings nada.

Now I'd be interested in knowing who you are talking about.

I dropped my 540 one time and the gas tank bust. Still sitting in the shop probably not even broke in

PC, minor derail here, I saw in another thread you had recommended proper Wraptor breakin under no load, can you elaborate a bit on the details there, how long no load etc??

Thanks

Cory, no special break in is required, I would run it full throttle for a bit when it is first fired up just like a saw. Carl bought a new one and found that it had trouble lifting his meager mass. I suggested he run it for a bit , say a tank so as to break in the motor properly, he did and it then had no trouble picking him up. Just like a saw they take a bit to reach their full potential but I would just run one normally right of the shelf.

I thought he was talking about the same "tool" as I was. I don't think he was talking about la becasse, stig or max. I have the paranoid feeling he is talking about me.

Hope I'm wrong Cory seems like a nice feller and even if he doesn't like my contributions I don't post much anyway. Perhaps it is the reaction some of his buddies to my posts 5 hat upsets him.

anyway, hopefully I'm wrong and please continue with the topic at hand.

Back