Husky knockoffs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ya they are chinese but are warrantied for a year and returnable for 60 days. Went to buy a screw for a 372 muffler they wanted 2 bucks. They only had one so at first I said for get it then I bought the screw and brought it to fastenal and bought 50 for 17 bucks. Score.

Nope. I never had much good luck with Huskys, and parts/service used to absolutely suck up here.
Mebbe it is better now, I dunno.

A couple years ago there was guy evidently from Australia who blitzed the internet forums boasting about these things at great lengths .Come to find out he sold the things .

He didn't recieve rousing acclaim for his efforts from his endeavers much to his chagrin.I serious doubt if Chinese knock offs will fair much better several years after that episode.

The Chinese Stihl copies, even at fifty bucks almost nobody will bid on a new one at the Japanese auctions. The word has gotten out that they are junk.

Even folks here won't touch them, which is saying something. Zenoah, Shindaiwa, and Tanaka are the cheap saws of choice here.

I think buying one of those knock offs is like paying for something that you are just going to throw in the trash.

Leon, I wonder how they mange to market cheap Zenoah and Shindaiwa? Very reliable hard working saws here, but they aren't cheap, at least the pro models. Perhaps the big market in China allows that? I've seen a few Tanakas at the local home center for pretty cheap.

I guess I meant relatively cheap. Cheaper than the big two. Although some of the small Zenoahs are definitely on the cheap side.

I see. Some of the small Zenoahs make for decent climbing saws if you have a hankering for light. You might want to give one a try if not already. The one I'm thinking about is only like $700 here. :roll: My old one has a problem I can't sort out. Be nice to get a new one cheap, but the distribution system here has everyone and their brother included, such an old way of doing things.

Some security in numbers. Al. Mine runs fine then it poops, then it runs fine again until it poops again. Darned if I know. I have gotten good at taking it apart. :|:

I see. Some of the small Zenoahs make for decent climbing saws if you have a hankering for light. You might want to give one a try if not already. The one I'm thinking about is only like $700 here. :roll: My old one has a problem I can't sort out. Be nice to get a new one cheap, but the distribution system here has everyone and their brother included, such an old way of doing things.

$700. :O

The ones I've used here are quite small, usually with an 8-10" bar. But they also weigh only slightly more than a hand saw, so they're pretty nice for pruning jobs. They sure don't cost $700, though! Maybe there's a larger top handle model that I haven't seen yet. I've got one of those small Zenoahs, a Husky 338, and a Stihl 200T sitting on the shelf here. I think you can guess which one gets the most use.

Some of my acquaintances "have luck" these saws. I tried to repair these saws. They just look similar to the original. But inside they are very different. I was particularly struck by the fact that the piston rings are made of wire ... :)
But attracts all price - $ 200. We have a saying: "Miser pays twice." :)

When/how exactly does one come to be a "Husky knockoff"? I have a Jonsered 630 that is identical to a Husky 266, aside from being a different color, and having the plastic kill switch replaced with a brass toggle. When I worked for Asplundh, we had a Jonny 625, which was identical to our Husky 61s. As I understand it, Jonsered bought some Husky patents and began marketing them as their own. Perhaps these folks are doing the same?

Yes, they do. Very well. Those blue and white engines at harbor freight are not to be laughed at.

When/how exactly does one come to be a "Husky knockoff"? I have a Jonsered 630 that is identical to a Husky 266, aside from being a different color, and having the plastic kill switch replaced with a brass toggle. When I worked for Asplundh, we had a Jonny 625, which was identical to our Husky 61s. As I understand it, Jonsered bought some Husky patents and began marketing them as their own. Perhaps these folks are doing the same?

To my knowledge Husky, Jonsered and Partner made ​​at one plant Electrolux (Sweden)

Back