Husky 540 cutting and climbing

All I know is I got 1 of ole Tuckers 200T that wouldnt run right, wouldnt idle, wouldnt oil, etc etc. Turned out to be a badazz stock 200T in the cut I have ran to date and a tree guy I sold it to said it eat his other 2-3 200 up in the cuts.
Heck even was known for out cutting a ported 200 in the cut back in the day. Yeah that stock 200T was a good one. Just needed some attention.

All I know is I got 1 of ole Tuckers 200T that wouldnt run right, wouldnt idle, wouldnt oil, etc etc. Turned out to be a badazz stock 200T in the cut I have ran to date and a tree guy I sold it to said it eat his other 2-3 200 up in the cuts.
Heck even was known for out cutting a ported 200 in the cut back in the day. Yeah that stock 200T was a good one. Just needed some attention.
Just a little tweaking sometimes is all it takes. I think like a lot of guys who have a couple of spares of the same model they tend to throw the ones that need a little attention on the back of the shelve and sometimes end up using them for parts.

I never have a spare saw of the same model.......probably why my saws are good to me.
Just stay on top of them.
My last 200 which I sold to Bermy was a strong little powerhouse with just the screen pulled .

Thanks , might make a good replacement for the 338 or backup.
Is the thing getting sent back to head office for diagnosis?
Just to add,
I fail to see why your 540 wasn't replaced by your dealer after you had all that trouble. Dealers here even replace lemons for homeowners, no questions asked. The saw ends up getting sent back to Husqvarna and refurbished as a demo or sold off.
Almost sounds like your Stihl/Husky dealer is greasing the wheel for Stihl.

Most dealerships I know will run the warranty out trying to fix something rather than replace it Willard. Except for Echo. They are a tad better. They are trying for market share though. I have watched both Huskies and Stihls sit in a shop while the warranty runs out... Never replaced... Only patched for the problem to resurface and eventually run out the warranty. You are obviously lucky you have a good dealer where you are.

I want a dealer who will give me a new saw anytime a new one I buy acts up. No dealer I know or heard of has ever done that. How'd you get such a sweet deal with your dealer Willard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dealer will do that for me as well.
But I suspect we get better treament than most of his client base, since we buy a lot from him.

I seem to remember that saw being a good runner.

My husky dealer would swap me a fresh saw if a new one was being a basket case.

I wonder why they havent offered that to him myself. Sure seems to be one of the lemons out there. Read about another too.

My husky dealer would swap me a fresh saw if a new one was being a basket case.

No way would my dealer. They suck. Keep the saw for weeks or months too. Sucky dealer. I need a new chipper, hopefully I will be able to buy from someone else besides them.

One of my dealers let my FS 250s sit 3 weeks then supposedly fixed them... Then they failed again.. They sat for another 3 weeks... Then one burned up after being fixed again due to a carb issue.. I ended up rebuilding it myself. Both purchased with in a couple months of each other. They did the work under warranty, then said.. oh well.. warranty is up.. carb failed... we can sell you a new FS 250 if you want. Pretty typical for up here. No matter if you buy a Husky or Stihl. Look up my old 200T no one can fix thread. Sent it to Brian (Skwerl) and he had it nailed in minutes what was wrong and fixed it. 3 dealers kept giving it back to me "fixed"

Yeah, I don't go into my Stihl dealer unless I absolutely HAVE to. Man, it's rough, and I always come out spending an arm and a leg for a couple stupid little parts.

The last 200 T I took in there that was still under warranty, they told me compression was low and that was why it would not hold proper carb adjustment.. I put a new piston and rings in it all seated and had them check it again (sly dog that I am). Told the same thing. And that maybe the skirt of the piston is worn.... This was a under one year old 200... not very many hours on it. I put the pre EPA carb on it ... problem solved. Boy my dealers sure know whats up eh?
I am using my Stihls as an example, but I have had Huskies the same way with three different shops and so have others up here.

I want a dealer who will give me a new saw anytime a new one I buy acts up. No dealer I know or heard of has ever done that. How'd you get such a sweet deal with your dealer Willard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you find and support a good dealer [find the ones that sell boats, motorcycles, quads etc.] it's petty cash to them. Good service is how they do business and they are hoping you will one day buy a boat and motor too. Their distributer will back them up too if they are good dealer.

Most Stihl dealers now are based out of John Deere dealers and do you think they will dicker with customers who come through their doors when many are spending a lot more money on then just a chainsaw.

It looks like Justin's Stihl/Husky dealer replaced his 540 Husky with a 201 Stihl........do I have to say more?

if you go to our TreeHouse chainsaw forum there's a 020 thread back a few pages that has those numbers and lots of discussion.
Actually I went back to 3/8 LoPro on my 338XPT, I'm running the new Stihl Picco chisel PS chain.
Very impressed with it.
Now Oregon and Husqvarna must get on board with that style of chain.

I agree about 63ps being the tits. I'm using it also. Just want to try something new.

Wow, quite a few bold statements and assumptions being made about dealers. Willard, my dealer is Savoy's in Vernon, probably pushing 30 years atleast and they don't sell boats, tractors, quads, or otherwise. They sell saws and lawn equipment. They sell saws to all over the province too, for lots of loggers, they also offer full repair/warranty work right up to and including porting/rebuilds.

I have never really pushed the replacement or returning of the saw as really it never occurred to me because in 22 years of walking through the door there this is the most problems I've ever had with a new saw. My early 201 was/is a dog but it runs just fine. They never pushed/suggested another 201 to me, I just bought one because I was in a tight spot for tophandles. This 540 is a new saw that for me has given me more grief than it's worth to keep driving it in to the shop. Anyone here that thinks it's actually a great saw in disguise is more than welcome to buy it from me. Shipping to the US is probably prohibitive, but I'll post up the trade-in or consignment offer and anyone will be welcome to match it + shipping.

I get tired of people suggesting it just needs to be 'set' or 'maintained'. It's brand f-cking new.

Reg has a repair program for lemon top handles......

I wont crucify Husky over these saws. Stihl has handed out plenty of sub standard garbage in the last few years. I think these saw companies are in a rock and a hard place.

Yup... each manufacturer has certainly had it's issues for certain. Can't really pick on one. Whether it is carb issues, computer chip issues, oiler issues... Shit, I bet we all have a list of saws and equipment over the years that gave us fits....

Back